summer fishin' thread

Started by tsquared, June 21, 2009, 09:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sodak

Yesterday.  Two hours on the river.  Seven beautiful walleyes.  Consumed by 7PM by the family.  Great Sunday!

Caneyscud

Quote from: begolf25 on July 09, 2009, 01:26:00 PM
Here is me and my little man on his first fishin trip last weekend. He caught this monster on his 2nd cast. I don't know which one of us was happier.

Bryan, that is some good times.  I remember taking my daughter and getting very excited about bluegill that weren't even as big as a half dollar.  After she got a couple of more years on her and would accompany me on fly fishing trips, for some reason, she always slipped and fell into the water.  The subject always gets brought up for another laugh.  Last year after getting her second Masters, and making a lot more money than the old man, I talked her into going fishing.  Surprisingly, she agreed - and this time she didn't fall in.  I spotted a bunch of fish in a small hole, and put her on them, and she had a blast catching like 15 fish from that hole.  Never too old to have fun catching fish or to enjoy your young'n while fishing!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Caneyscud

Quote from: Kummok on July 10, 2009, 09:49:10 AM
Dang....and all we get is these ugly (tasty!) fish up here.  :'( :'(

I particularly like them flat one - beeeeeyouuuuuuteeefullllll to me!  Especially smoked, or beer-battered and fried!

Caneyscud

Didn't catch me anything this weekend (back problems), but did get to go to the Georgia Aquarium before my back got too bad.  In their largest tank, along with the whale sharks, manta rays, and thousands of other fish, they had probably a dozen grouper.  Now these grouper were not your run of the meal groupers - they were as big as VW bugs.  It had me wanting to go down to Southern Mississippi, or Louisiana and go after the big grouper and tuna down there.  Danged, I wish the economy would get better real soon!

tsquared

There is some great pics on here but I think Bryan's is the best. Nothing beats that moment.
T2

deb415611

Quote from: tsquared on July 13, 2009, 04:06:06 PM
There is some great pics on here but I think Bryan's is the best. Nothing beats that moment.
T2

That's my favorite! 

RossP

Well I have not had much luck so far this year in the Salmon department but my son had a good trip over in Tsquared's neighbourhood . He arrived at my office on Wednesday with this, the big one was 25lbs.

So now it was up to Dad (me) to do something with them. Well the best thing to do with salmon is to smoke it. So get off work, go home and fillet all the salmon and put half of it in brine. The next day was darn hot, we broke all sorts of records for heat up here in British Columbia but I had some fish to smoke, so about noon I get the smoker plugged in and warmed up. With just the smoke gen going the smoker was up to 140 in 20 minutes, hmmm need to get it a little cooler, so into the shade with it. While the smoker was warming the salmon  was drying

After an hour of smoke

Cooling, it seems a few pieces went missing, the wife had a grin on her face......

The finished product after going a few rounds with the Food Saver

Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

smokeitall

Yum...that looks like it turned out real nice.

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

tsquared

Looking good Ross.l was going to go out this am (it's 4:30 am as I write this) to try for that 25lber's brother but the wind gods are against me. It's already blowing 22 knots, slated to go up to 30 before long. Too much for my little 18 foot boat. So now I'm drinking my thermos full of coffee and drooling over your pics! I haven't been out as much as I'd like as we are doing a major addition and renovation to our house but my wife and I and a friend went out on Wednesday evening for a supper fish and got 3. July has been slower on the south end of the Island than June was but the boys fishing further up the west coast of the island out on the banks are reporting awesome fishing, so those fish should be sliding down towards us in August and September.
Good fishin'!
T2