Dinner

Started by OU812, June 23, 2009, 08:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OU812

Did some wing's wile I was mowing the yard last night.

A little seasoning and into the smoker.

Smoked with apple for 1 hr 20 min cabnet temp at 250 F vent wide open and done in 3 hr

The skin was almost crisp, had great flavor and very moist. Gotta love it, smoking some wing's and mow the yard with no worries.

Tenpoint5

That's one big Damn yard if it took 3 hours to mow it. Wings look great!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

The yard only took about 1.5 hr the other 1.5 hr was sitting on the patio admiring my work.  :D

Ka Honu

Condo living has its advantages - I'd have been able to spend all three hours sipping an appropriate beverage while admiring the smoker.

OU812

Ka Honu

I did spend all 3 hr sipping on the appropriate beverage.

The mower has a cup holder.  ;D

Smokin Soon

If your a wing lover like I am, you might cosider a Big Easy. Great for finishing smoked wings.

OU812

SS

Putting out the hints on the BE for my birthday.

Just looking at your pict brought the taste of the wings I made come back.

Do the wings in the middle get as crisp as the ones on the outside?

pensrock

All those wings look great!  :)

Ka Honu

Quote from: OU812 on June 23, 2009, 09:22:09 AMThe mower has a cup holder. 

It's all fun till somebody loses a toe.  I don't want to take that chance.

Quote from: OU812 on June 23, 2009, 09:47:36 AMDo the wings in the middle get as crisp as the ones on the outside?

Since TBE is generally hotter toward the top and depending on how full your racks are and taking into account a host of other variables (There are always a host of other variables) you might want to rotate racks and/or put the inside wings outside about halfway through.  I'm too lazy to do all that so I usually don't put any on the inside - just as many as I can fit around the edge.  To avoid rotating the racks themselves I pull the top rack when it's done, then pull the next one when it's done (maybe 5-10 minutes later), etc.

OU812

Ka Honu

My mower is a rider and the blade's wont spin without my butt in the seat.  :D

mikecorn.1

Love wings, where can i get one of those Big Easy,  newbie here,  how do you use that thing. man those look great.   ;D
Mike

Smokin Soon