IRON CHEF BRADLEY II Ingredient and Smack Talk Thread

Started by Tenpoint5, June 23, 2009, 04:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

La Quinta

Oh my lord Deb.....please don't sanction flakes....I beg of you....(you know I love you Tiny...but dang...)  ???

deb415611

I have a pm into 10.5 to discuss ingredients.  I'll let you know after we talk. 

Because I'm a nice person ???  I'm linking to the pizza recipe links that I did for Smoking Duck awhile ago.  There are quite a few links to different kinds of pizza and if you need a pizza dough recipe you should be able to find one

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=8596.0

NePaSmoKer

I gots this in the bag  ;D  :D

Is this smack talk hahaha

nepas

deb415611

NePaSmoKer

La Quinta

NePas...you are a new guy to this right??? heh...heh...heh.... ;D ;D ;D

smokeitall

So let me see.....A little spam, shake on some potato flakes, a store bought pizza dough all smooshed together and wrapped in a bacon weave... :o ??? I think my stomach just turned, guess I'll just use messy wood on that one so I don't waste the good maple and hickory. ;D ;D ;D

Just kidding WTS Mesquite is my second favorite and I am always out of it.

La Quinta

I'm just gonna go underground Arcs on this.... ;D

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Tiny Tim on June 24, 2009, 07:25:27 AM
Thank you for ingredients that I like...I hope to be entering this time (last time I didn't have anybody around to eat some of those ingredients, and I don't waste food on purpose).

Just for clarification, do the potatoes have to be actual real ones or can they be out of a box (potato flakes) or frozen (ore ida hash browns or fries)?
Quote from: NePaSmoKer on June 24, 2009, 11:23:09 AM
Tim has a good point.

Can frozen french fries be used, boxed pizza dough. And how about bacon/sausage ground? or is that whole ham.

nepas

My thoughts are this.
Ham is Ham nothing else.  Spam is out because it is an ingredient that can be drawn again.

Potatoes as long as you show a round freshly dug out of the bag potato to start with and your process of slicing, dehydrating and stuffing in into a box then rehydrating and using in your recipe. Otherwise it is what ever you can make with a whole potato.

Pizza Crust. I envision these as store bought usually 2 or 3 to a pack. Deb has already ok'd the use of fresh pizza dough.

People this is an Iron Chef it is not ment to be easy. But it is ment to be fun. It is ment to make you think outside of the box but you have to play with the toys that you where given. Not try to substitute for something easier.

Hope I clarified some things from my point of view. Keep in mind I just woke up and have to go to work again tonight and I never wake up in a good mood.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

deb415611

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on June 25, 2009, 03:32:17 PM

My thoughts are this.
Ham is Ham nothing else.  Spam is out because it is an ingredient that can be drawn again.

Potatoes as long as you show a round freshly dug out of the

I thought you were going to say "out of the ground"   ;D

deb415611

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on June 25, 2009, 03:32:17 PM

Potatoes as long as you show a round freshly dug out of the bag potato to start with and your process of slicing, dehydrating and stuffing in into a box then rehydrating and using in your recipe. Otherwise it is what ever you can make with a whole potato.

To add to this.....  french fries, tater tots are also ingredients that could be drawn in a later competition.  As are sausage & bacon........   It will be a wild iron chef the day bacon is drawn ;D

La Quinta

So any cured pork is in or no? Do you just want ham...ham...? Don't wanna make this harder for you...just...what ham exactly is the ingredient? A canned ham? Canandian bacon (that's ham)....help....?????

NePaSmoKer

Momma

Its your little boy sammy, coming home from alibamy so fix me some eggs and hammy, mammy

Must be the grain got me whacked  ;D

deb415611

OK kids...........  for purposes of this iron chef contest .................  the definition of ham is:

from the hind leg of a pig and has been cured......   slices, steaks, pieces  but not processed

from something like this :  

or this:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/ff/NCI_clove_ham.jpg&imgrefurl=http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:NCI_clove_ham.jpg&h=828&w=928&sz=379&tbnid=plrSsBHX7r6KgM:&tbnh=131&tbnw=147&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dham%2Bpictures&usg=__GqQQs8u30Kc2MEdw9uliddCKOLw=&ei=5SpESrPnFNCLtgff4uWuAg&sa=X&oi=image_result&resnum=3&ct=image

Habanero Smoker

Debbie;

Because of the timing of this, I won't be able to participate. But why limit the definition to cured ham. Fresh hams can be smoked, and taste great. I have smoked fresh hams a few times. This will give those that don't cure the opportunity to start with a raw cut, it they so choose.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)