IRON CHEF BRADLEY II Ingredient and Smack Talk Thread

Started by Tenpoint5, June 23, 2009, 04:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deb415611

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on June 26, 2009, 02:34:16 AM
Debbie;

Because of the timing of this, I won't be able to participate. But why limit the definition to cured ham. Fresh hams can be smoked, and taste great. I have smoked fresh hams a few times. This will give those that don't cure the opportunity to start with a raw cut, it they so choose.

and to address a pm that I had....  hope I get it all answered...

The intent isn't to have anyone feel they have to cure a ham.  It can be purchased already cured.   Maybe I shouldn't have included the picture of the ham that I cured & smoked myself.   10.5 will jump in later (I think he worked last night, so give him some time to sleep) but I believe the thought is that fresh ham would be part of a general category of pork.  Also, you don't have to purchase an entire ham - you can buy a ham steak, slices or pieces.   When I was referring to processed what I meant was chopped up, mixed with other things and reformed back into some shape. 

Gamefish

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on June 24, 2009, 06:49:33 PM
I gots this in the bag  ;D  :D

Is this smack talk hahaha

nepas

Nepas you haven't seem what good old New Zealand is going to dish up yet  ;D, just landed a whole wild pig and red deer, just the perfect opportunity to fire up my new V8 smoker  ;)

I am assuming we are eligible to enter down here?

Tenpoint5

Gamefish if your a member of the forum you are more than welcome to join in on the ICB. Just remember you have to be able to taste all three of the main ingredients in one bite.

As for the Ham thing I think Deb has pretty much beaten that horse to death. "Also, you don't have to purchase an entire ham - you can buy a ham steak, slices or pieces.   When I was referring to processed what I meant was chopped up, mixed with other things and reformed back into some shape." And NO you don't have to cure your own ham!! Do like I am I am using my favorite saying. "I am going with the KISS principle" (Keep It Simple Stupid) What can I make with a store bought chunk of HAM, A POTATO, and a PIZZA CRUST/PIZZA DOUGH?
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

La Quinta

Kool....but I must say 10.5....I'm not fallen for this "Aw shucks" thing....you got something up you sleeve....I can feel it.....  ???

Ka Honu

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on June 26, 2009, 05:56:38 AM...  As for the Ham thing I think Deb has pretty much beaten that horse to death.

Horse ham? You're saddling us with another ingredient?  I, for one, say, "Neigh."  Somebody better rein this thing in pretty soon.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: La Quinta on June 26, 2009, 03:07:10 PM
Kool....but I must say 10.5....I'm not fallen for this "Aw shucks" thing....you got something up you sleeve....I can feel it.....  ???

What's the matter you Scared TeaBag Lady?!!     Of course I have something up my sleeve its called an ARM!! Yes I already know what I'm making for my entry. Just trying to figure out to work a bacon weave around it all!!

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

westexasmoker

Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

NePaSmoKer

Whats takin all ya'll so long. I'm already done  ;D

nepas

La Quinta

I'm not scared of 10.5..... ;D He should be scared in general.....bacon weave is for girly men!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Tenpoint5

Quote from: La Quinta on June 26, 2009, 08:18:10 PM
I'm not scared of 10.5..... ;D He should be scared in general.....bacon weave is for girly men!!!!  ;D ;D ;D
LQ that wasn't nice taking a stab like that at Pensacola Jim. He did win with a Bacon Weave last time.

La Quinta

Well...he won didn't he....it was pretty and I'm sure tasty...but 10.5 you can't follow that up with another one...hell that was his gig....

PS.... I like NePas throwing down and then goin away.....if you're gonna smack Rick...you need to show it... ;D

deb415611

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on June 26, 2009, 06:36:02 PM
Whats takin all ya'll so long. I'm already done  ;D

nepas

With the smack or the entry?  It's a long time til turn in...............

NePaSmoKer

Already made my items and took pics, just waiting until we can post em. SO THERE  :D  ;D

nepas

Tenpoint5

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on June 27, 2009, 05:38:00 AM
Already made my items and took pics, just waiting until we can post em. SO THERE  :D  ;D

nepas

You could always post a teaser pic of your winning entry, to give everyone something to aim for!!!! ;D ;D

deb415611

Doing mine after puppy obedience.  Went to the store yesterday and bought ham & potatoes and a few other things......  So there! :D ;D

Assuming that we don't get more rain!