IRON CHEF BRADLEY II Ingredient and Smack Talk Thread

Started by Tenpoint5, June 23, 2009, 04:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

La Quinta

First off...NePas...no...not scared of a dang "ham"burger...or ham loaf...or maybe you're making spam? Now THAT I'd have to button myself up about...after that....uh...NOT SO MUCH....

Deb...I see nothing wrong with those pots....you just go ahead and put them in whatever you're gonna make...waste not want not...it's an age old saying!!! Somebody made that up for a reason...I think it's your dish Deb...(the tea leaves told me as much this morning)  ;D ;D ;D

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: La Quinta on June 28, 2009, 07:38:43 PM
First off...NePas...no...not scared of a dang "ham"burger...or ham loaf...or maybe you're making spam? Now THAT I'd have to button myself up about...after that....uh...NOT SO MUCH....

Deb...I see nothing wrong with those pots....you just go ahead and put them in whatever you're gonna make...waste not want not...it's an age old saying!!! Somebody made that up for a reason...I think it's your dish Deb...(the tea leaves told me as much this morning)  ;D ;D ;D

:D  :D  :D
Little itty bitty tea leaves

nepas

deb415611

Quote from: La Quinta on June 28, 2009, 07:38:43 PM

Deb...I see nothing wrong with those pots......I think it's your dish Deb...(the tea leaves told me as much this morning)  ;D ;D ;D

burnt potatoes as my dish, I think not  ;D but go ahead & think that

La Quinta

Hey where are the smackers....come on boys and girls....wait...I smell somethin....is that chicken poop? No way...RIGHT???  ???

deb415611

Here's another picture for you..............  more potatoes :D

I've got this one in the Bradley ;D

Caribou

Quote from: La Quinta on June 30, 2009, 06:42:43 PM
Hey where are the smackers....come on boys and girls....wait...I smell somethin....is that chicken poop? No way...RIGHT???  ???
Hey LQ!
Are you dissing chicken poop?  >:(
As you can see I'm not well practiced in smack talk.  :D
Carolyn

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: deb415611 on June 26, 2009, 02:53:33 AM
Quote from: Habanero Smoker on June 26, 2009, 02:34:16 AM
Debbie;

Because of the timing of this, I won't be able to participate. But why limit the definition to cured ham. Fresh hams can be smoked, and taste great. I have smoked fresh hams a few times. This will give those that don't cure the opportunity to start with a raw cut, it they so choose.

and to address a pm that I had....  hope I get it all answered...

The intent isn't to have anyone feel they have to cure a ham.  It can be purchased already cured.   Maybe I shouldn't have included the picture of the ham that I cured & smoked myself.   10.5 will jump in later (I think he worked last night, so give him some time to sleep) but I believe the thought is that fresh ham would be part of a general category of pork.  Also, you don't have to purchase an entire ham - you can buy a ham steak, slices or pieces.   When I was referring to processed what I meant was chopped up, mixed with other things and reformed back into some shape. 

I've been away since the afternoon of Friday, and returned around 5 PM on Monday. I am still catching up on posts to this board when I came across this.

The way it is worded one can misinterpret that I had sent Debbie the PM she is referring to. I want to clarify that I am not the one who sent a PM to her. When I respond to a thread 99% of the time it is in the form of a post.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

deb415611

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on July 01, 2009, 02:12:49 PM
Quote from: deb415611 on June 26, 2009, 02:53:33 AM
Quote from: Habanero Smoker on June 26, 2009, 02:34:16 AM
Debbie;

Because of the timing of this, I won't be able to participate. But why limit the definition to cured ham. Fresh hams can be smoked, and taste great. I have smoked fresh hams a few times. This will give those that don't cure the opportunity to start with a raw cut, it they so choose.

and to address a pm that I had....  hope I get it all answered...

The intent isn't to have anyone feel they have to cure a ham.  It can be purchased already cured.   Maybe I shouldn't have included the picture of the ham that I cured & smoked myself.   10.5 will jump in later (I think he worked last night, so give him some time to sleep) but I believe the thought is that fresh ham would be part of a general category of pork.  Also, you don't have to purchase an entire ham - you can buy a ham steak, slices or pieces.   When I was referring to processed what I meant was chopped up, mixed with other things and reformed back into some shape. 

I've been away since the afternoon of Friday, and returned around 5 PM on Monday. I am still catching up on posts to this board when I came across this.

The way it is worded one can misinterpret that I had sent Debbie the PM she is referring to. I want to clarify that I am not the one who sent a PM to her. When I respond to a thread 99% of the time it is in the form of a post.

Sorry Habs.  I didn't mean to make it sound like the pm was from you also.  I was just trying to address all the questions at once.

La Quinta

Actually...I might be the one who sent it...was just trying to get clarification...geezzz....my PM just suggested that if we understood the ingreient (ham product) a little better...might bring more peeps into the contest...WOW...didn't mean to "kick up the dust"...this is supposed to be fun RIGHT???

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: La Quinta on July 01, 2009, 07:00:26 PM
Actually...I might be the one who sent it...was just trying to get clarification...geezzz....my PM just suggested that if we understood the ingreient (ham product) a little better...might bring more peeps into the contest...WOW...didn't mean to "kick up the dust"...this is supposed to be fun RIGHT???

Hey when you kick the dust you get

CHICKEN POOP  ;D  :D  :D

Ham, whole, fresh, country, chopped, formed, spam, tavern, sliced its all hammy sammy
Potato, sliced, diced, smashed, mashed, fried, tots, crinkle, frenched  :P
Pizza DOH.....................Um yeah Pizza DOH

SO THERE  :D

nepas

Ka Honu

Just observing, but all I'm hearing here lately is a bit of genteel conversation.  What happened to the "smack?"