Best beer w smoked foods

Started by canada, June 25, 2009, 07:35:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

canada

What do you think is the best beer with smoked foods?
Looking for something a little heavier than the canadian,big rock versions.
curious to see which ones you  smokers like?

Kummok

THIS post should get lots of attention!! Soooooo many beers to choose from. My personal favorite is a micro, produced locally by Homer Brewery, named 'Red Knot' ale. I normally prefer the darks produced my micros, but I definitely don't rule out "corporate darks" either! Second would be a good heady porter or stout, although for a lighter production beer,(even though you mentioned "something a little heavier than the canadian,big rock versions"), Kokanee seems to maintain the good hops/grain flavor that I like. Guinness is also, being readily available anywhere these days, one that enhances the pallet of smoked stuff. 

Slamdunk

Try Molsons Pilsner, that is what the Molson brew masters call the best Molson's beer. My dad and his friends used to drink it all the time, but I've only now started appreciating it. Good taste!!!

RossP

We have a micro brewery here that does a great Nut Brown. If you are ever in the
area of Langley, give Dead Frog Nut Brown a try. A great beer with a great name.
There tag line is there are more hops in a dead frog.
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

canada

Not a huge beer selection here, some but mostly mainstream.  I miss the micros, etc.
Went to univ in GA..you could pick from about a 100.

Going to try a guiness, and a few darker ones this weekend.

Dysartsmoker

Jack

smokers

Bradley original

Centro Electric Digital Smoker

LUHR JENSEN MINI CHIEF TOP LOAD 15LB SM

Great outdoors smokey mountain

7 IN 1 MASTERBUILT

old school wood pit

Habanero Smoker

I'm hooked on Samuel Adams. It depends on the food that is smoked, and the spices and other seasonings I have added; and because Adams brews seasonal beers it depends on the season. Right now I like their larger (year round beer) with beef and lamb. There Summer Ale is great with pulled pork, chicken and fish, but there are so many others to choose from.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Up In Smoke

2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

beefmann

my favorite beer is the one someone else buys ! ! !!

Beef

Buck36

This would be for ABTs.....obviously much more for a brisket!

Gizmo

The best beer I have ever had was chilled for about 10 minutes, on the window ledge in the barracks just off the Michigan lake.  In 10 minutes ice crystals were already forming.  That is the best beer.  The brand?  Don't remember.  I think it was the chill that made the real difference, and taking a break from the Military.   :D
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

justpete

I'm with Hab on this one.

I love a Samuel Adams with just about anything.

Peter

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Gizmo on June 25, 2009, 08:45:08 PM
The best beer I have ever had was chilled for about 10 minutes, on the window ledge in the barracks just off the Michigan lake.  In 10 minutes ice crystals were already forming.  That is the best beer.  The brand?  Don't remember.  I think it was the chill that made the real difference, and taking a break from the Military.   :D

Giz was that on Ft. Sheridan or Great Lakes Naval Base? I managed to eek out 20 mos on Sheridan 88-90
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Gizmo

Great Mistakes.   :D
Electronics A school.  Oct 30 to June 9.  Hit the solid part of winter.  You know it is cold when it is too cold to snow and the snow on the ground squeeks when you walk on it.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/