Best beer w smoked foods

Started by canada, June 25, 2009, 07:35:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokin Soon

I developed a taste for beer at a very early age.I have moved on from "Rolling Rock" to other brews.

jha1223

Boulevard Bully! Porter is excellent with a variety of smoked beef dishes.  They recommend the Pale Ale with chicken wings and they were spot on.  I haven't had a Boulevard beer I didn't like.

That being said, if you have access to a variety of breweries at your grocery/liquor store, I would strongly suggest trying them out. 

New Belgium beers are fantastic. Goose Island 312 is also fantastic.
There is such a thing as BBQ in Nebraska!

Beerbrewer

Try a "Rauchbier"  better known as a smoked beer.Imparts a slight and not over bearing flavor to food.An Imperial stout goes well with smoked beef .Have not had much luck with the lighter lawnmower beers, just not enough maltiness.I have also tried a raspberry fruitbeer (homebrew) smoked with pork ribs,came out great.Personally I would rather guard the bradley sippin a homebrew instead of stickin a beer in the bradley, but that's just me..... 
"They always talk of my drinking, but not of my thirst"

Stargazer

Sam Adams hands down.

Love their Cream Stout and Pale Ale, and Boston Ale, but Boston Lager is great too, along with their Hefeweizen and Honey Porter is real good, so is their seasonal Winter Lager and Octoberfest, and their Old Fezziwig Ale but can only get that seasonal in their holiday collection.

Stuff is good  ;D
Go here for all your smoke and grilling needs: http://www.yardandpool.com

Josh98122

If you have access, try
1. a dunkelweiss (dark wheat) - for example,Coopersmiths brewpub in Ft Collins CO used to make a nice one
2. Kostricher (brewer) swartzbier (black beer) - not sure how this is made, but I've found the German archetype in groceries in urban/suburban areas in a couple of states...

the common element for me is that they have a dark color & nice richness, but have more bite/crispness than a typical porter or stout.  With that said, I would fervently agree that the answer to "which drink goes with my food" is frequently "whatever you like best" - anything  is usually someone else's snobbery...

live well!

Blue Legend

There really is only 1 beer ;D

scrapple

JF7FSU

Was recently in Alexandria and ate a ta  chili place called "Hard Times" and they served "Peg Leg" beer which was a nice dark stout, similar to Guinness but less bitter.  With that said I go to one extreme or the other-  Guinness or Strongbow Cider.
Posted via Tapatalk - iPhone

goblism

if i want a little more flavor i hit the becks dark, if i want something more smooth i go for the molsen canadian, if i am going to drink a lot, i go cheap(and lose a lot of flavor) and get the gut rock michelob golden.

JGW

Pilsner Urquell by far preferred.  Sam Adams always a good brew.  Guinness is always a good choice with beef or sausage.

Anyone remember the Scottish Ale Sam Adams used to make (or perhaps still do?).  That Ale was awesome...made with smoked peat moss if I recall.  Haven't seen it around in a while.

schneep

Retirement, Everyday's a Holiday, and every night's a Saturday night!!

sodak

From the land of sky blue waters.  Comes the beer refreshing.  Hamm's.

pkcdirect

Boulevard Wheat
or

Sam Adams Boston Ale
Paul    

MES 40" w/1200 Watt Element & Window
Bradley BSS
A-MAZE-N-SMOKER

DoubleTSmoker

If you can get your hands on some I recommend ZiegenBock Amber (made by Budweiser), but they only sell it in Texas.  Second choice would be a Shiner bock, made in Shiner, Texas but available in 37 states.  Third, I would try a Shock Top (Budweiser).  Well, there was my top three.  Starting to get thirsty.......

pkcdirect

Quote from: DoubleTSmoker on September 01, 2009, 06:40:38 PM
If you can get your hands on some I recommend ZiegenBock Amber (made by Budweiser), but they only sell it in Texas.  Second choice would be a Shiner bock, made in Shiner, Texas but available in 37 states.  Third, I would try a Shock Top (Budweiser).  Well, there was my top three.  Starting to get thirsty.......

I used to buy & drink Budweiser and collect their steins until they sold out to a foreign company... 
Paul    

MES 40" w/1200 Watt Element & Window
Bradley BSS
A-MAZE-N-SMOKER