Best beer w smoked foods

Started by canada, June 25, 2009, 07:35:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drano

Best beer w/ smoked food?

Of course that would be Shiner Smokehaus ;D, from Shiner TX

Just had these for dinner along w/ baked beans and garlic bread.  The beer is pretty good, just a slight smoke taste that can be missed if you didn't know it was there.  
Used 6 hickory pucks on the ribs and had them on the OBS from 8-5, and 230 to 200 deg on the Auber PID, then FTC for 1 hour.  Family agreed they were the best ribs we've had in a while, and they like all that I make.  I think the hickory worked better than the apple I was using.  

get smokin
drano

JGW

Shiner?  HELL YEAH!

I used to drink Shiner Bock years ago....IF I can find it on draught, I still grab one (the bottled stuff, to me at least, tastes different).

Next time I visit my dad, I'll have to try this one.

classicrockgriller

drano, the beer and the ribs look good. I've gain 5 lbs just looking at pics of food on this forum.

Stilly

westexasmoker

Quote from: drano on September 05, 2009, 06:20:23 PM
Best beer w/ smoked food?

Of course that would be Shiner Smokehaus ;D, from Shiner TX

Just had these for dinner along w/ baked beans and garlic bread.  The beer is pretty good, just a slight smoke taste that can be missed if you didn't know it was there.  
Used 6 hickory pucks on the ribs and had them on the OBS from 8-5, and 230 to 200 deg on the Auber PID, then FTC for 1 hour.  Family agreed they were the best ribs we've had in a while, and they like all that I make.  I think the hickory worked better than the apple I was using.  

get smokin
drano

Mesquite smoked beer....now we're talking!  ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

anderson5420

[shameless advertising mode ON]

Obviously it is any beer from Snoqualmie Falls Brewing Company, since I am the Founder and President.  Read about us here.

I would usually go for a Wildcat IPA with smoked foods!

[shameless advertising mode OFF]
So many recipes, so little time!

drano

Pat,
That looks great!  Glad to see your business is doing well. 
I just added home brewing to my too-long list of hobbies. 
I'm drinking my first brew, a stout that everyone tells me is very good--I'll call it beginners luck. 
My second went into the fermentor last Sunday.  Its a clone of Belhaven Scottich Ale, purchased from Austin Homebrew, Austin TX.   If it tastes as good as it smelled going into the bucket, its gonna be awesome.
I'll most likely get a keg system in the next week to put it in. Bottling that first batch confirmed everyone's input that bottling is a lot of work.

get smokin brewin
drano

classicrockgriller

WOW! Looks awesome Pat. I know it's work but at the same time alot of fun. Congrats

anderson5420

Quote from: classicrockgriller on November 19, 2009, 04:48:00 PM
WOW! Looks awesome Pat. I know it's work but at the same time alot of fun. Congrats

I have a day job too...I am not the guy in the boots brewing the beer, but I can be found around there some parts of most every day!

The brewery has had ups and downs since 1997, right now is a pretty good up.  We have an ace head brewer, a great GM / assistant brewer, a wonderful Taproom manager and staff, and (finally) a dang good outside sales guy.  You are right, it IS a lot of fun!
So many recipes, so little time!

oguard

I just stumbled along a new beer last weekend. Tin Whistle brewings Peaches and cream ale. Wow went great with the pork roast on Saturday night, not over powering with a nice finish. It is brewed in Penticton B.C.

Mike
Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.

Oldman

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

tsquared

I live in a town with LOTS of microbreweries and I am a loyal customer! One of the families at my school is part owner of one and next week (last school week before Christmas) their 9 year old is going to come running up to me with a gift bag full of beer as a present for the principal! My favourite for lighter or summer time smokes is a good hoppy micro IPA, and for pulled pork and brisket, a stout (local micro called "Lightkeeper's stout) or a dark ale only produced at xmas time with 8 or 9% alcohol called the "Hermanator". Give me a pulled pork sammy, a couple of Hermanators and I'll be out howling at the December moon in pure happiness. ;D
T2

Old_Sarge

Quote from: tsquared on December 11, 2009, 10:31:27 PM
I live in a town with LOTS of microbreweries and I am a loyal customer! One of the families at my school is part owner of one and next week (last school week before Christmas) their 9 year old is going to come running up to me with a gift bag full of beer as a present for the principal! My favourite for lighter or summer time smokes is a good hoppy micro IPA, and for pulled pork and brisket, a stout (local micro called "Lightkeeper's stout) or a dark ale only produced at xmas time with 8 or 9% alcohol called the "Hermanator". Give me a pulled pork sammy, a couple of Hermanators and I'll be out howling at the December moon in pure happiness. ;D
T2

I like a good IPA with any spicy Q (Sierra Nevada Torpedo or, this time of year, Celebration Ale are pretty standard), a medium amber ale with chicken or fish, and a heavy porter or stout w/ prime rib, lamb or pork chops. Almost anything's good with pulled pork.

ronbeaux

Man o Man, so many beers and so little time!
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

squirtthecat

One easy answer...

Whichever one is handed to me while I'm doing the cooking.