Whitetail's Story of Customer Service

Started by whitetailfan, February 05, 2005, 06:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitetailfan

Hello All,
Some of you may have read about my issue of flaking paint on my smoker, and I just wanted to share what a GREAT customer service experience I received from Bradley.  I've heard some of you talk about it, but I've now felt it, and it needs to be shared.
Here's how it all started:
http://www.bradleysmoker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1126
I took Chez Bubba's advice and contacted Bradley by phone.  I spoke with a wonderful lady named Katie.  She was polite and knowledgeable and very helpful.  When I explained it was not just the cabinet, but the generator that was bad, I offered to send in the pics that I posted here on the above thread.  Then I waited...and to my surprise, I received a response from Wade Bradley himself.  This response was further followed up by a response from Katie, who took my original call.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><br /><font color="red">
Hi there John,

How are you doing? I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I have never had to deal with a situation where a smoker's paint has peeled until now so I thought I would let the boss reply back. I just wanted to let you know that yesterday I had a new Black Generator as well as a Tower sent out to you (which will also fix your cracked face plate problem). I do apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any questions once you receive it please feel free to email or call me. Have a great weekend!
Katie (last name withheld by whitetailfan)</font id="red"><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Good work deserves to be recognized, so I replied to Katie, and sent a copy to Mr. Bradley as well.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><br /><font color="green">
Katie,
I am doing just fine now.  Wade Bradley did respond to me, and I appreciate you escalating my issue.  In his response, it was unclear whether or not my paint problem would be covered by your warranty; therefore, I asked him to respond again or refer the matter back to you to correspond with me.  As such, I am also sending a copy of this message to him personally.

I am completely satisfied with the result of my customer service call.  Katie, you have been straightforward and timely in all of our correspondence or phone calls.  I will be telling everyone I know about the wonderful customer service that you and your company puts forth.  As a chartered bank employee, I fully understand the importance of customer service and loyalty.  I really do appreciate it when I receive the kind of service, that I try to provide in my job, day in and day out.  Your company has good policy in place, but it is the people who make the difference, and you have gone what I call "the extra mile".  Taking ownership of a problem or concern and seeing it through to completion is the most basic of concepts, but so few companies or people actually do it; so, Thank You.

p.s. I am a regular contributor to the smoking forum found on your company web site.  I will be posting a copy of this information there, as evidence of your great service, for all to appreciate.

Yours Truly,
<font color="purple">whitetailfan (edited of course)</font id="purple">

cc: Mr Wade Bradley
cc: Bradley Smoker Forum</font id="green"><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Anyway, long story summarized - Problem was solved to my satisfaction, responses were timely, customer service was superior.  I am a proud Bradley owner[:D]

"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

tsquared

Can't beat that for service. Happy end to an (ap)pealing story.
Tom

JJC

I've always been impressed with their service . . . glad it worked out for you WTF! [:D]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

MallardWacker

Ahhhh Shucks, forty five days out of wty.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

whitetailfan

Update:
Bradley's last e-mail to me was dated Friday Feb 4, in which they said they shipped me the parts on the Thursday.  Anyway, guess what shows up at Whitetailfan's on Monday the 7th!  Thats FAST Baby...
[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]

"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.