1st Smoke

Started by CarolinaCooker, July 04, 2009, 10:13:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarolinaCooker

I tried my new OBS, ET-73 and Bubba pucks last night. 9 pound pork shoulder, 4 hours of Maple and 14 hours in the oven to finish it overnight at 205. It was at 185 when I pulled it out, bone is loose. Going to FTC it for a few hours now.Here is a pic  http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq143/wayne100_album/Smokin%20BBQ/1stSmoke001.jpg[/img][/img]

Caneyscud

That's one great looking shoulder.  Great first smoke.  Now all you have to do is to wait for the accolades from the family!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

CarolinaCooker

Yeah, I used a cajun rub on it and I'm going to try a vinager based sauce, beers are chillin as I type.

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum CarolinaCooker!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

CarolinaCooker

Well it tasted as good as it looked, bones pulled right out. Vineger,mustard,ketchup,worstershire butter and onions, salt and pepper and of course a little hot sauce. Couple more pics[/img] and    [/img]

CarolinaCooker

Another shot [/img]

jha1223

Jeebuz ... that looks mighty tasty!  Now how in the world did you keep people away from that long enough to take pics!?   Job well done.
There is such a thing as BBQ in Nebraska!

FLBentRider

Looks real good CC !
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

seemore

NePaSmoKer

Looks very good CC

Have you tried CarolinaTreet yet on your butt.

nepas

pensrock

Looks great, slaw on the sammie also!  :D

starship

Looking mighty good to me.  What part of Carolina?

Pretty soon the problems start!  Ya walk out to the garage (or where ever you store your smoker) and ya can smell the last 3-4 cooks!
Amazing Ribs
http://www.amazingribs.com/index.html

CarolinaCooker

I live in Hickory, north west. Yeah I did this one in my driveway but it looked like rain yesterday so I put it right inside the garage door with a fan about 15 feet behind it blowing out. Don't want my bike to smell like bbq, will have critters all over it.

OU812

C C That's a nice shoulder at 9 lb wish I could find one around here all I can find is a picnic and that is not as good as the shoulder in my eyes.

Being from Hickory I would of thought you would be smoking with hickory  ;D

Gizmo

Quote from: CarolinaCooker on July 06, 2009, 09:00:56 AM
I live in Hickory, north west. Yeah I did this one in my driveway but it looked like rain yesterday so I put it right inside the garage door with a fan about 15 feet behind it blowing out. Don't want my bike to smell like bbq, will have critters all over it.

Can't be bad from the land of Hickory.  Now don't surprise me by saying Jon Reep was your neighbor. 
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/