2 nd Smoke

Started by CarolinaCooker, July 05, 2009, 12:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarolinaCooker

Well my pork shoulder turned out excellent, so it's onto my next attempt. The chicken rollups I read about on here. Stuffed with ham and provolone and wrapped with bacon.
Ya know, I can see me getting alot fatter if I keep this up.

Gizmo

Quote from: CarolinaCooker on July 05, 2009, 12:26:30 PM
Ya know, I can see me getting alot fatter if I keep this up.

You can reduce the weight gain by cutting out the carbs and running more times to the adult cooler.   :D

Right?
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

CarolinaCooker

Well it's been years since I ran anywhere and I don't plan on starting now. HA HA HA!!!  Luckily with the et73 I can relax in the house near the fridge.

CarolinaCooker

Ok got it done, 2:45 at 215 with 4 pucks of alder. Pulled it out at 165, looked good. Unfortunatly all my chees melted out, guess I didn't wrap them tight enough? Tasted ok, cheese was gone, ham was sliced thin, could not taste it. Crisped the bacon up on the Weber for a few minutes. Next time I think I will just try to cut a pocket for the ham and cheese.

mikecorn.1

Looks good, I bet they taste even better, even without the cheese in them. Maybe on of the senior members can give us a hint on how to keep the cheese in.
Mike

KyNola

I'll take a shot at telling you how I do them and keep the cheese inside the chicken where it belongs.  Pound your boneless, skinless chicken breasts very thin.  Layer the thinly sliced ham next followed by the cheese and roll them up very tightly.  I have found that totally encasing the "package" in bacon so that there is essentially none of the package showing helps to hold the cheese in as well.  When you are encasing the package in the bacon, place the package so that the edge of the "wrap" that was rolled last is facing up and the bacon slices overlap one another.  As the bacon cooks and begins to tighten up on the "wrap" it will also help to hold the cheese inside.

Besides, you can NEVER use too much bacon on anything!

KyNola

Caneyscud

Or slice a pocket into the side of the breast but not the ends.  Sorta like a Pita.  Stuff away, and when you wrap with the bacon, and put in the smoker, make sure the "hole" is up.  Problem is they will want to fall over or slump down so some prop is called for.  A rib rack of the right kind can be used, but you could just bend you something up out of crumbled aluminum foil.
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"