Chicken and Vinegar

Started by Buck36, July 02, 2009, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buck36

I was reading the chicken wing recipe on the Bradley website.

Cut off and discard wing tips, and cut wings into two sections at the joint. Evenly mix the chicken wings and drumettes in vinegar and soak for 20 minutes. Drain excess vinegar from the chicken and sprinkle the flour onto the chicken mixing by hand until the chicken is evenly coated. Add a generous amount of hot sauce to the chicken making sure it is evenly coated. Place chicken on greased Bradley Smoker racks and sprinkle with pepper to taste.

What is the purpose of the vinegar soak?

I would guess it tenderizes in some way like buttermilk?

Habanero Smoker

I often make Cornell Chicken, and there is something about the vinegar that impart a flavor in the chicken that is indescribable. I use to have an article of history and exactly what the vinegar does; it does more then just break down the protiens.

Any way, use the vinegar you won't be disappointed. Here is a link to how I grill Cornell Chicken. You could even substitute this recipe for the marinade.

Cornell Chicken

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

NePaSmoKer

Make the recipe but replace the vinegar with lemon juice  ;D

nepas

Buck36

The two people that I knew would know! Thanks guys and I will try the cornell chicken.

Habanero Smoker

I forgot to mention, when you make the wings add some cornstarch to the flower to make them a little more crisp.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)