Photos

Started by Blue Legend, July 08, 2009, 12:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Legend

As a newbie, just thought i would see if i can   post some photos.

Blue Legend

Yep, cool, it works ;D

lumpy

Your hired!

Nice picts

Lumpy

mikecorn.1

Looks like your Bradley is working fine also.  Yum. looks good. :)
Mike

OU812

Looks like you've got it

Caneyscud

Ok, you got my curiosity up!  What is that on the top rack of the bottom photo?  Scallops with roe?  Man that looks good - sorta gourmet-like!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Blue Legend

Yes they are Scallops with roe, fresh out of the ocean that day, beautiful

Roadking

Are your Mussels plain or did you season them with anything? Got to do Mussels, whats your recipe?

manxman

Good sized scallops there Blue Legend, they look similar in size to our King Scallops. Are they normally eaten roe on? People round here tend to be 50:50 split as to whether they like roe on or roe off although the processors always do roe on for a better yield.

Good sized mussels too .... ?green lipped. I have never smoked them, only the small mussels we get around here. Are the scallops and mussels cold smoked?

Looks like you have access to some great seafood.  :)

Manxman

Blue Legend

It is normal to eat scallops with the roe on but they are very rich. I don't eat the roe when we eat them raw tho, too milky for me. Mussells are green lipped and i cover them in Thai sweet chilli sauce. I cold smoke shellfish first for 2 hours then cook for about half an hour ;D

Smokin Soon

manxman

QuoteMussells are green lipped and i cover them in Thai sweet chilli sauce.

Now I do like that idea. We get frozen NZ green lipped mussels here so it is definately one to try. Thanks.  :)
Manxman

Roadking

Thanks on the Mussels.

Blue Legend

Some photos of a recent fishing trip just North of NZ. I'll let the photos tell the story ;D

lumpy

WOW!!!

Makes my 5 LB bass look like bait for your trip.

Lumpy