Jelous of your smoking

Started by Hopefull Romantic, July 09, 2009, 11:48:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hopefull Romantic

Hi there all,

I keep reading all the good stuff about your experiences and experiments and I dont get my BDS till the 15Th which I wish were yesterday. But believe me once I get it, I shall be bombarding y'all with all sorts of questions and resquests of assistance
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

NePaSmoKer

Bring it on, H R   ;D

nepas

KyNola

We're waiting for ya and ready when you are! We're as excited about you getting your new Bradley as you are.

KyNola

Blue Legend

Thats what makes forums like this so great Kynola, bring it on.

Hopefull Romantic

Thanks to all.

I will be reading till the 15th and shall be writting away thenafter.

car54

HR,

Welcome, what are your ideas of your 1st smoke?

Brad

Hopefull Romantic

Hi there Brad

I am contemplating smoking a rack of lamb I have never done that before and want to see if it flies.

HR

mikecorn.1

If you can, post some pics. Welcome to the forum!!
Mike

Margareeman

Welcome to the forum, believe me you will get lots of great advice from the folks here, they are wonderful.

La Quinta

Hopefull....I could care what ya cook...just like your name!!!  ;D

Smokin Soon

Glad to see you have done some advanced reading HR, It will help you get that great "first smoke". Welcomend do let us know your plan for that rack of lamb!.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Smokin Soon on July 09, 2009, 07:14:21 PM
Glad to see you have done some advanced reading HR, It will help you get that great "first smoke". Welcomend do let us know your plan for that rack of lamb!.
I would be curious as well I scored one from my brother and don't have a clue as how to smoke the thing yet. He got a whole lamb as payment from a Amish family for Chiro adjustments.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

lumpy

While your waiting you may as well go ahead and order a few extra items that you will eventually buy.
PID, cold smoker attachment, thermapen, Maverick ET 73, sausage stuffer................ ;D the list goes on and on LOL

Welcome!

Lumpy

Hopefull Romantic

Hi there Lumpy,

when I placed my order and since I was buying from a UK based agent for the BDS, I decided to go ahead and order what I could since it is going to be shipped anyway. So I order the 6 racks BDS, the cold smoke attachment, the weather proof cover and 12 boxes of various wood flavors (120 bissquettes each) plus I get and extra box for free that came with the smoker. I have already purchased the  Maverick remote digital talking thermometer and the BABA pucks.  I think it is a bit early for sausage making for me but do you think that I would need the PID, what do you think? I have been reading the the BDS is very good about keeping the desired temperature (+/- 5).

I have also read that electric smokers, in general, fail to produce the infamous (smoke ring) due to the absence of what is referred to as "infusion" but I have also learned that if you add a couple of burned charcoal briquettes in the smoker you could overcome that. Has any of you guys done that and if so what was the results?? Please let me know.

HR

lumpy

Hey there Hopeful
Sounds like your on the right track. You may want to smoke for a few months before you think about a PID. Here is a thread pertaining to the PID
http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=10517.0

I've had no problem obtaining a smoke ring on meat. Never heard of the problem that you mention regarding electric smokers. Also never heard of adding a few charcoal briquettes. Some of the more experienced members might be able to answer that one. Personally though............I would'nt think about messing with the way my BDS produces its smoke.

The BDS can have some interesting temp swings. A few things to remember, preheat to a higher temp, do not put very cold meat in the smoker, think about putting a brick in the smoker to keep your temp.

Don't forget to season the baby before your first smoke.

Good luck
Lumpy