Replacing Door Magnetic Seal

Started by starship, July 09, 2009, 02:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pymptyte

I was running it on high temp ranged about 250 -300 . I've read on another forum that talked about how temp setting is not accurate and has some electrical problems . Like I said I'm just not trying to have this seal become a frequent problem .

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

pymptyte

I'm give the new seal one shoot and if I'm not happy I will let you all know as well as bradley and Craigslist it will go . And I will just go back to my old faithful .

Using Tapatalk

pymptyte

Thanks to everyone for the info and insight, it is well appreciated .

Using Tapatalk

Habanero Smoker

The new seal should last a good time. When you replace the seal do not over tighten the screws. Let us know how everything works out for you.

As for the temperature, that should not have been enough to melt the seal. All Bradley's are equipped with a high temperature sensor. If working properly, it will automatically shut down the heat temporarily when the cabinet goes beyond a certain temperature. For your model it will shut down around 270°F - 300°F. So 300°F should have been the maximum.

I reread your original post, and saw that the problem occurred near the door hinge. When you take the seal off, check the slots in the gaskets where the screws attach the seal to the door to see if any are torn in the area where it looks like the seal melted. If any there are tears; under normal operating temperatures the seal will twist away from the door as if it had melted. Click on the link below.
http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=10307.0

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

pymptyte

It's for sale ! Not happy with this smoker one bit !

Using Tapatalk

TedEbear

Quote from: pymptyte on April 13, 2014, 07:24:22 AM

Sorry to hear that.  You might try listing it in the Bradley Smoker Related Items for sale section on the forum.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: pymptyte on April 13, 2014, 07:24:22 AM

I know how frustrating this can get, but could you let us know if it is still the seal or another issue that went wrong?

I
         don't
                   inhale.

pymptyte

I got seal on best i could which was not easy but it's leaks ! I'm jus done wit missing around with it ! Been lookin at other ones .

Using Tapatalk

Habanero Smoker

If you want to improve the seal before selling it; with the Bradley empty, run it at 225°F to 250°F for an hour or so; depending on your ambient temperature. When the seal heats up and is pliable you can shape it a bit more. Where the seal is not make a tight fit you can stretch it out a bit to improve the contact. If by chance the seal is stretched out too far in places; you may need bungee cords or a tie down to slightly compress the seal so all areas are making a tight seal.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

pymptyte

Although this smoker was a gift (that I ask for) to is way to costly to be having these problems after a few uses and then having to jimmy rig it to get it to work properly is just to much . I will go back to my old way of smoking meat until I find something better . Smoker gone and money gone . Smh ! Very disappointed in the Bradley Smoker brand . Thanks for everyone's advice and help but that smoker is my son's headache now .

Using Tapatalk

pymptyte

Can anyone recommend another smoker ?

Using Tapatalk

KyNola

TedEbear

Quote from: pymptyte on April 25, 2014, 11:22:48 PM
Can anyone recommend another smoker ?

Probably not on the Bradley smoker forum.  That would be like someone going to the Ford sponsored forum and asking if they could recommend a different make of car to buy.

pymptyte

Lol ... thanks yall for all the help ! I must say bradley smoker do have the best forum around . Just hate the smoke didn't work out for me .

Using Tapatalk