Wild turkey breast and chicken drummies

Started by dilly, July 01, 2009, 06:29:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dilly

I picked up this little leg and wing rack at Home Depot and it fits right inside my DBS.  I placed it right on the smoking rack without the little drip tray to get full smoke effect.  This is the tandoori recipie from the website...delicious!

I also put on this half boneless wild turkey breast and used my new ET-73 for the first time.  The recipie was from this forum under boneless turkey breast.  As you can see, the wild version is somewhat less plump and lays flat but is very flavourful.  As soon as it hit 165, it got the foil treatment for a while then into the fridge.  I sliced it this morning and it is delicious too!

I love this thing...just need some bubba pucks now!
My meat goes from field to table by my own hands.

Mr Walleye

Set the hook! We got one on!  :D

Looks like your hooked Dilly!  ;)

Congrats, everything looks fantastic.  8)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

westexasmoker

Looking good there dilly!  Did ya use mesquite?  ::)

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Smokin Soon

I bought on of those drummie racks and really like it. I'm going to see if chicken quarters will work in in today.

dilly

Quote from: westexasmoker on July 01, 2009, 07:28:13 AM
Looking good there dilly!  Did ya use mesquite?  ::)

C
I used the "Special Blend"...just because I want to use it up from the variety pack.  I am going to get some Mesquite though...for that "Texas flavour"! 

Buck36

dilly,

It looks like the turkey breast is enormous. Do you hunt and if so how big was the bird?

dilly

Yes, I shot that bird with a crossbow actually!  He was only 17 1/2 lbs...a pretty good tom I suppose.  Best part was, I had my 10yr old daughter with me when I got it.

Buck36

That is great!

I took my 5 year old son with me this year. That was first time the blind had fruit snacks and coloring books!

See if you can spot him.....

Tenpoint5

I've tried and there aint NO way I'm taking my 5 yr old into the timber for a long time. He couldn't sit still to save his butt!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

FLBentRider

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on July 03, 2009, 05:16:26 AM
I've tried and there aint NO way I'm taking my 5 yr old into the timber for a long time. He couldn't sit still to save his butt!!

Ditto!

Not unless I left the guns @ home and brought the whiskey instead!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Caneyscud

Quote from: Buck36 on July 03, 2009, 01:22:13 AM

That was first time the blind had fruit snacks and coloring books!

That is funny!   ;D ;D
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

smokinstoegie

I didn't realize how good those drum sticks looked, I recommend them for our next Lodge Meeting. ;D