ribs ribs ribs ribs ribs

Started by armpower, July 11, 2009, 07:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armpower

i know you will be stunded to find out this is about ribs!

ok i smoked 4 racks of spare ribs today and have 6 more to do tomorrow.  the ones today i foil wraped and suck and sealed and through in the fridge when done.  and plan to do the same with the others unless someone tells me i am horribly wrong.

they need to keep till next saturday, i figure smoke wrapped and sucked should keep just fine with out freezing i will reheat on the grill for a bunch of family on saturday.

any thing wrong with my plans?

thanks guys, and i wish i was feeding most of you instead of the in-laws :(

Tenpoint5

Quote from: armpower on July 11, 2009, 07:39:02 PM
i know you will be stunded to find out this is about ribs!

ok i smoked 4 racks of spare ribs today and have 6 more to do tomorrow.  the ones today i foil wraped and suck and sealed and through in the fridge when done.  and plan to do the same with the others unless someone tells me i am horribly wrong.

they need to keep till next saturday, i figure smoke wrapped and sucked should keep just fine with out freezing i will reheat on the grill for a bunch of family on saturday.

any thing wrong with my plans?

thanks guys, and i wish i was feeding most of you instead of the in-laws :(

Yes 2 things. One you didn't take and post any pictures. Two you forgot to tell us just how good that section of rib you scarfed down while waiting for them to cool off really was!! You really need a vacuum sealer its sounds much better. ;D ;D
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Habanero Smoker

I find if you foil wrap smoked foods for an extended period of time, the acids in the smoke and/or salts in the rub will tend to pit the foil. It is harmless, but many can tastes the bitterness this can create. What I generally do is wrap it in plastic first then foil.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

armpower

sorry mr 10,   the few small pieces i ate were fantastic,   and the whole pic thing maybe if i get ambitious today i will post the ones i am doing.   and i have no idea how to put them on here.

Hab,   i will un suck the ones i have done and just un foil and suck an seal,  should be no need for foil till i reheat,?  right?

armpower

ok it is 11 mst sunday,   6 big racks of spares in the smoker,   apple wood with cider in the water pan,  i had to get creative to fit them in but it is better that having to do another batch!   i took the others out of the foil and just sucked them.

i will keep everyone posted.

Blue Legend

Great Armpower, some photos would be great if you can.  So cider in the pan huh?  never thought of that as an idea, thanks for sharing ;D

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: armpower on July 12, 2009, 09:42:14 AM
sorry mr 10,   the few small pieces i ate were fantastic,   and the whole pic thing maybe if i get ambitious today i will post the ones i am doing.   and i have no idea how to put them on here.

Hab,   i will un suck the ones i have done and just un foil and suck an seal,  should be no need for foil till i reheat,?  right?

Hi armpower, here is a link on how to post pictures here. http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showpost.php?p=768&postcount=11

It's pretty easy and everyone can enjoy your great results.
HawkeyeSmokes