10.5 inspired "Maters"

Started by Up In Smoke, July 12, 2009, 08:21:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Up In Smoke

Back at it again today! thought i would put a twist on 10.5's grilled Maters.
three maters ready to be stuffed with 3 slices Canadian bacon, 2 minced mushrooms, 3 tablespoons feta cheese, mixed with
3 egg whites.

stuffed

then i went a little further and decided to stuff 5 more with 8 oz of imitation crab meat, mozzarella cheese, and 1 teaspoon
minced garlic.

stuffed and topped with freshly ground black pepper.

topped with a little more cheese.

then into the Bradley with no smoke at 250 according to the thermometer in the door.

set the timer for one hour, i will check at the 30 minute mark.
will post results when finished.
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

pensrock

looking fwd to the results. wonder if some buttered bread crumbs on them would be good?

Hopefull Romantic

Cant wait for the results photos.

Good luck
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

seemore

pens i did some on the grill last night mozz and breard crumbs and bacon pizza in a bowl wow........thanks 10.5
seemore

pensrock

can hardly wait till the maters are ripe in the garden  :)

Mr Walleye

mmmmmm.... I can hardly wait for the results!  :P

The possibilities are really endless on this.  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Tenpoint5

Look's great Seemore. Plant the seed and let it grow and see where it takes us. The pizza in a bowl idea sounds great. Bacon and Bread crumbs gonna have to remember that next time I make these.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

Ok ya got me, guess i will have to try em  ;D

Looks good 10.5

nepas

Blue Legend

Mate that is just AWESOME!!  Thanks for sharing, would never have thought of trying something like that. Now, off to the market ;)

Habanero Smoker

UIP;

This is a perfect example of the type of recipe we are looking for. You have all the ingredients, measurements, and cooking method.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

deb415611

I have to try this.  We don't have garden tomatoes yet but there is a guy nearby that does greenhouse tomatoes.  I have been eating them for a month.

Corn started last week.

sodak

We've done the basic 10.5 recipe a couple of times.  Last week in Custer State Park during a camping trip.  Always a hit on this end.  Thanks 10.5, again, for all the posts.