Cabelas.com - Bradley Electric Smoker - $199 in cart (reg $399)

Started by scrapple, July 13, 2009, 04:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: degenerazn on July 15, 2009, 10:59:01 AM
Anybody order the all weather covering for this?  I think I need some sort of covering since the Bradley smoker can take a beating from the San Francisco weather but I'm thinking of just putting the box that it came with upside down to cover it.

If you store it outside, even under a covered porch you should get the cover. It does a great job in protecting the smoker from the elements.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

JF7FSU

I jumped on this deal as well. I also jumped on the Amazon bisquette 4 for 1 deal, ET-73 thermometer, cover, and some bubba pucks.  What a deal!
Posted via Tapatalk - iPhone

degenerazn

Quote from: JF7FSU on July 18, 2009, 11:18:43 AM
I jumped on this deal as well. I also jumped on the Amazon bisquette 4 for 1 deal, ET-73 thermometer, cover, and some bubba pucks.  What a deal!

Wow you went all out.  May I ask where you purchased your bubba pucks and how much that cost you?

JF7FSU

Yeah, it seems you need a few toys to go along with the main unit to really dabble. 

I bought thepucks on ebay.  It was $28.99 shipped. Very quickly arrived too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=290331103841

BigFella

You got a 4 for 1 deal?  Where's this?!

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: BigFella on July 20, 2009, 10:34:38 AM

Here's a copy of some links for the pucks from Amazon. You have to check which ones they have the special on. Seems to change all the time. I've even had to go as far as checking out to make sure.

http://www.amazon.com/Bradley-Hickory-Bisquettes-48-pack/dp/B000FJZ16Y/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1247711503&sr=8-7

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000FJXEIQ/ref=ord_cart_shr?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance#productPromotions

Check to make sure that they are sold by Amazon and have free super saver shipping.

Hope this helps. Just took a quick look and I think you will have the best luck with the second link.
HawkeyeSmokes

Up In Smoke

Got my smoker today and as usual UPS bounce tested it for me!
i kept a positive attitude about it and went on with the seasoning attempt.
FAILED!!
called Cabelas and another one is on the way.

2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

JF7FSU

Quote from: BigFella on July 20, 2009, 10:34:38 AM

Sorry I meant 4 for 3.  typo, my bad.

Gregory

I just received my Bradley from Cabela's as well.  A friend at work knew I was in the market for a smoker and pointed me to the Cabela's deal.

The box was somewhat beat up but the smoker was in perfect condition and just finished a seasoning cycle.
I've been smoking for about 4 years using a cheap electric water bullet smoker.  I learned a few tricks and was able to get some pretty good results from that old bullet but it finally died on me and my wife instructed me to get something better for $500 or less.  The Cabela's deal was perfect.  I picked up the smoker, two packs of bisquettes and a cover for under $300 with tax and shipping.

I'm like a kid at Christmas right now.

Greg

Caribou

Thanks Scrapple for posting this info,
I sent the info to a few of my friends and at least one has took advantage of this deal.
Carolyn

Caneyscud

Quote from: Gregory on July 21, 2009, 12:27:31 AM
I just received my Bradley from Cabela's as well.  A friend at work knew I was in the market for a smoker and pointed me to the Cabela's deal.

The box was somewhat beat up but the smoker was in perfect condition and just finished a seasoning cycle.
I've been smoking for about 4 years using a cheap electric water bullet smoker.  I learned a few tricks and was able to get some pretty good results from that old bullet but it finally died on me and my wife instructed me to get something better for $500 or less.  The Cabela's deal was perfect.  I picked up the smoker, two packs of bisquettes and a cover for under $300 with tax and shipping.

Greg
Your wife instructing you to get a smoker sounds fishy enough, but you only spending $300 of the $500 limit is very suspicious.  You need to stay around us a little while.  We'll teach you how to get the mostest!   Or teach you to hide those purchases from the wife so she doesn't know about them! 

"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Caribou

Quote from: Caneyscud on July 21, 2009, 12:43:23 PM

Greg
Your wife instructing you to get a smoker sounds fishy enough, but you only spending $300 of the $500 limit is very suspicious.  You need to stay around us a little while.  We'll teach you how to get the mostest!   Or teach you to hide those purchases from the wife so she doesn't know about them! 

In concept it sounds nice, but don't forget we women are psychic, have x ray vision and can smell money.
And these skills only increase with age.
;)
Carolyn

Caneyscud

Quote from: Caribou on July 21, 2009, 01:42:23 PM

Greg

In concept it sounds nice, but don't forget we women are psychic, have x ray vision and can smell money.
;)
Carolyn
So Carolyn, what you are telling me is that I am only kidding myself thinking that I have gotten away with anything, and that I should expect retribution for my indiscretion sometime in the future?  Dangit!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

deb415611

Quote from: Caneyscud on July 21, 2009, 02:02:55 PM

;)
Carolyn
So Carolyn, what you are telling me is that I am only kidding myself thinking that I have gotten away with anything, and that I should expect retribution for my indiscretion sometime in the future?  Dangit!

Caney,

I'm sure she knows about the Traeger at the office.  She's just letting you think you are getting away with it :D

Caribou

Quote from: Caneyscud on July 21, 2009, 02:02:55 PM

Greg

;)
Carolyn
She let's you get away with it because she loves you! :-*
Carolyn