Hello there!

Started by ericemel, July 03, 2009, 05:13:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericemel

Well I have just ordered a Bradley Original!!!

I have been smoking for quite few years now, mainly with a Weber Smokey Mountain - but I moved to London and without access to BBQing space I have been without smoke for a year now...

Toyed with the idea of a the stovetop smokers, but they never really appealed with my low and slow preference. Yesterday I read on the Bradley UK site that they can be used indoors...without hesitation I ordered one. Cannot wait!!!

Just need to find a spot for it and break the new to the girlfriend....we are tight for space already!!!!

Tenpoint5

Welcome Aboard Eric!!! One word of caution, If you use you Bradley INDOORS you MUST vent it outdoors. Inside of a garage is one thing but in the house you will still have some smoke smell. I would recommend using it on the patio/deck and not in the house.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

ericemel

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on July 03, 2009, 05:27:34 AM
Welcome Aboard Eric!!! One word of caution, If you use you Bradley INDOORS you MUST vent it outdoors. Inside of a garage is one thing but in the house you will still have some smoke smell. I would recommend using it on the patio/deck and not in the house.

Really? This is what I picked off the Bradley site....I have an extractor and am hoping it would work. I have no patio etc...

Where must I put the smoker and can it be used indoors?

The Bradley Smoker is a natural draft smoker which means that smoke rises through the cabinet and exits through the vent in the top. It would normally be used outdoors and is light enough to lift and carry easily from a place of permanent storage into the open air. That said, it would be perfectly possible to use the smoker indoors have arranged a method of smoke extraction. A normal extractor fan, above the smoker would cope easily.

beefmann

welcome abord Eric

lots of good people and information here

Gizmo

Here is a link with some good info.
Owrstrich only smoked indoors as he stayed in Hotels all the time.  There are precautions to take to keep from starting a fire with the fat/grease from food.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=4778.msg42355#msg42355
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Hopefull Romantic

Hi there Eric and welcome to the forum.

Just to put mt 2 cents worth in, I would suggest that you use a flexible tube, place it on top of the vent and cut out a suitable piece of glace from a window to vent the smoke out. That would keep you smoking and your flat smelling like a house.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

NePaSmoKer

Yeah but ya have to open the door which means smoke escaping into your house.
My wife would blow an A$$ gasket  :D if the house was smokey

nepas