Maverick et73 temp control

Started by watchdog56, July 19, 2009, 02:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

watchdog56

I am using my new et73 and trying to set the temp at 150 for a pork loin roast like jrunyon did but my et starts out at 176 and I cannot figure out how to lower the food temp. Any help would be appreciated because I am smoking it now.

Mr Walleye

Quote from: watchdog56 on July 19, 2009, 02:10:19 PM
I am using my new et73 and trying to set the temp at 150 for a pork loin roast like jrunyon did but my et starts out at 176 and I cannot figure out how to lower the food temp. Any help would be appreciated because I am smoking it now.

If I understand correctly you are trying to set the alarm for the meat probe for 150 degrees. If this is the case, push and hold the "Hi" button on the right side. Once the the "176" starts flashing, release the button and start pushing the same button to advance it. When you get it where you want it, push the mode button (centre button). Then just push the start/stop button to turn the alarm on (sound).

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

watchdog56

I am trying to get it to 150 so I need to lower it. How do you lower it?

Mr Walleye

If I remember correctly... you can't. I think you have to keep pushing it and it wraps around and starts from the low numbers again.

Mike

Cunuck

When Calibrated the ET-73 doing the boiling test? do you put the smoker probe in the boiling water to see if it is acurate? or do you only use the food probe. I do a lot of ribs and want to make sure the smoker probe is acurate

Thx

Mr Walleye

Quote from: Cunuck on July 19, 2009, 02:40:51 PM
When Calibrated the ET-73 doing the boiling test? do you put the smoker probe in the boiling water to see if it is acurate? or do you only use the food probe. I do a lot of ribs and want to make sure the smoker probe is acurate

Thx

Cunuck

You can check both probes. Just make sure you don't completely submerge the probes up to the wire. It will destroy the probe. Even when cleaning them you don't want to submerge them.

Mike

watchdog56

You were right walleye. If you hold it to go up and over you can start it over at 50. Thanks

Cunuck

Great thanks for the information Mike!!! I do a ton of ribs and normally do not need a food probe. I just got it a week ago and already am smoking my second set of ribs! lol I will let you know how it goes!