Going to buy in the next couple of days!

Started by HD18JBGuy, July 23, 2009, 01:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HD18JBGuy

Hello all,

I am new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself.  I am a very experienced BBQ eater, but very inexperienced smoker.  I have yet to even buy my first smoker, but have decided that a Bradley is the way to go (particularly given the massive information available here on this forum!).  

Anyway, want to get your take on the smokers.  Anything is up for grabs, be it the Original, 4-Rack Digital, and 6-Rack Digital.  I want this to be an easy process, so I am thinking the digital is the way to go.  However, at a price upgrade of 25-50%, it is worth the extra money or is the original tried and true the way to go.

Any input is appreciated!

Thanks,
A dude from Chicago

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum HD18JBGuy!

It depends.

IMHO, If you are even considering doing sausage, I would get the Original and add a PID (Precise temp control device) later.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

HD18JBGuy

Thanks for the welcome and the input FLBentRider!

westexasmoker

Welcome to the forum JBGuy!

I agree with FL, I run an OBS with a PID and could'nt be happier.  Nothing wrong with the digital unit, so either way ya go your gonna have some great eats!  Just make sure and use Mesquite! (I'm under license to say that)   ::)

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

NePaSmoKer

Welcome to the forum HD

If your interested in sausage the 6 rack is the way to go. It will get the sausage further from the element. A PID works great with with it too.

nepas

mikecorn.1

I have a 4 rack digital with a maverick et-73. Seems to work for me. Mainly use mine to apply smoke to meat.
Mike

OU812

Welcome to the fun

I got the 6 rack mainly for the height and like NePa said to get the sausage further away from the heat. If they made an original that was a 6 rack i would have got that one.

Tankster

Make sure to checkout the sale on Cabela's, ends the 28th.