New Member with Smoker delivered broken!!!

Started by dzeitler, July 23, 2009, 08:06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dzeitler

I just had my new Bradley smoker delivered and followed the directions for set up. I'm trying to "season" the smoker as suggested in the manual. when I load the bisketts the unit just keeps loading them one after another until empty. For some reason it doesnt stop. It just keeps pushing them through every few seconds. can anyone help!!!

Mr Walleye

Hi Dzeitler and welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about your problem. I'm assuming you have the OBS model. if so, have a really good look at the manual advance button and try to pull it out. They sometimes stick in causing it to continue to feed pucks.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

dzeitler

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply. I actually have the digital model smoker. I'll check the button and see if there could be a problem.

Thanks again,

Dustin

Gizmo

The digital is different and does not have the button that Mike spoke of.

Brian (Bradley Forum Administrator) has several posts here about taking the smoke generator apart and looking at the microswitch that shuts off the advance motor.  Click on the search item (3rd from the left after Home and Help) and look for advance.  He has some pretty good descriptions on what to look for.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Mr Walleye

Gizmo is right, I was talking about the OBS and not the DBS.

I'll see if I can find that post.

Mike

Mr Walleye

Ya beat me to it Brian... I just found it myself.  :D

Mike

Bradley (Head Office)

Gizmo

Wow Brian,  You are quick.
You must have a feature of being able to search the forum while have a post window open.   ;)  ;)  ;)

Bradley (Head Office)

Quote from: Gizmo on July 23, 2009, 09:15:58 PM
You must have a feature of being able to search the forum while have a post window open.   ;)  ;)  ;)

Not a bad idea might look into that.
I just did a search under my own name because i know the post was mine so it make the search faster
Thats one of the downfalls with SMF the search is not the best.

Mr Walleye

Quote from: Gizmo on July 23, 2009, 09:15:58 PM

Giz

If you want to do a search on the forum for... say "turkey breast", just go to google and enter the following...

turkey breast site:forum.bradleysmoker.com

It works very well, substantially better the search function on the forum.

Mike

Gizmo

Yah, getting out of the post to find a link is a bit bothersome.  Takes a few steps to go back to the page you need to post in.  If the search could be done while in a message post, that would be awesome.

Thanks Mike, I keep forgetting about that one.  Usually just open another Bradley window although the Bradley search does allow you to limit by originator.  Do have to say that the filter doesn't seem to work correctly all the time as I see other posts show up as well.   

deb415611

Quote from: Gizmo on July 23, 2009, 09:27:08 PM
Yah, getting out of the post to find a link is a bit bothersome.  Takes a few steps to go back to the page you need to post in.  If the search could be done while in a message post, that would be awesome.

Thanks Mike, I keep forgetting about that one.  Usually just open another Bradley window although the Bradley search does allow you to limit by originator.  Do have to say that the filter doesn't seem to work correctly all the time as I see other posts show up as well.   

If I want to search to answer a question in a post I just open a second browser tab and search in that,  then copy the link from the search & go back to the 1st tab & paste the link in.  It's easier for me than using the back button to get back to the original post. 

Mr Walleye

Quote from: deb415611 on July 24, 2009, 03:48:33 AM
Quote from: Gizmo on July 23, 2009, 09:27:08 PM

If I want to search to answer a question in a post I just open a second browser tab and search in that,  then copy the link from the search & go back to the 1st tab & paste the link in.  It's easier for me than using the back button to get back to the original post. 

Hi Deb

That is exactly what I do except I open my other "Tab" to google as I indicated above. With the right search words you can pinpoint the exact post. As an example... here is a link to a google search page I did for this post. If you click on it the google search will only return 1 hit, being a link to this page. Works very well.

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=%22New+Member+with+Smoker+delivered+broken%21%21%21%22+site%3Aforum.bradleysmoker.com&btnG=Search&meta=

In this example I used the following search criteria in google.
"New Member with Smoker delivered broken!!!" site:forum.bradleysmoker.com

Mike