Just ordered my Bradley last night.

Started by 1wired1, July 21, 2009, 10:23:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1wired1

Can't wait to get it and start smoking. I've never had a smoker before, going to read through here and learn what I can before I get started.

1w1

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

1wired1

kaz

I'm a recent addition to this wonderful forum, too ------> W E L C O M E!!!!! The best forum for us new to this artform. There are some REALLY fine folks here who'll guide you.
My 2 cents worth, based upon guidance from this group.\

Where these guys have led me is to add a PID instead of buying the Digital model. the PID controls the temperature like the oven in your house ---- almost exactly, which really helps on certain smokes.
Another great recommendation is the Maverick ET73 Thermometer. A GREAT toy .... errrr TOOL!!! You can watch the Smoker temp and the actual internal temp of the meat from inside your house. Some folks have had trouble with distance, but mine works ANYWHERE in my house with NO problems.
These folks will also educate you on where & when to buy bisquettes..... watch for the posts that tell you about sales --- typically at amazon.com .............. but you have to be quick as this forum has a bunch of followers!!!!!
I use my OBS every week now ........ tried virtually every rub and marinade recipe on this site ... all wonderful.
welcome to the best group around!!!
KAZ

OU812

Welcome to the fun.

Watch out this smoking stuff is addictive!

Keep on reading and you will see.

Caneyscud

1W1. welcome to the forum and the fun.  As others have already shown you, this and the sister recipe site are pretty large and contain lots of information.  Ask questions, we fall over ourselves trying to get you the right answer.  And no there is no link to Smokers Anonymous - we don't want to be cured - just our bacon.
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

OU812

Quote from: Caneyscud on July 21, 2009, 12:28:16 PM
1W1. welcome to the forum and the fun.  As others have already shown you, this and the sister recipe site are pretty large and contain lots of information.  Ask questions, we fall over ourselves trying to get you the right answer.  And no there is no link to Smokers Anonymous - we don't want to be cured - just our bacon.

and ham and sausage and snack sticks and jerky and I'll stop now.

1wired1

I tried this question in a another forum, but no interest so I'll try again here.

The post by Kaz got me looking around. I don't think my smoker has shipped yet, so would it make more sense to cancel my order (SDBS)? And order an OBS and buy a PID? Price would be about the same.

Thanks
1w1

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: 1wired1 on July 23, 2009, 12:02:18 PM
I tried this question in a another forum, but no interest so I'll try again here.

The post by Kaz got me looking around. I don't think my smoker has shipped yet, so would it make more sense to cancel my order (SDBS)? And order an OBS and buy a PID? Price would be about the same.

Thanks
1w1

The PID works great with any of the Bradley smokers (does not work with the PBS)

nepas

1wired1

Thats what I was reading about the PID, but I didn't know if the stainless would hold up better outside all year or if they are about the same. I was reading the the Bradley digital is off about 10 degrees and the PID is only off 1.

What to do what to do.

OU812

I would cancel your order on the stainless one and get the OBS a PID and a cover for it.

kaz

I concur ......... especially if you take advantage of Cabelas SCREAMING deal right now ($199 plus $16 to ship).
I REALLY like the PID and the Maverick ET73.
I was committed to buy the Digital in stainless and this forum revectored my order!!!
KAZ