Another Brisket

Started by easyridinole, July 20, 2009, 12:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

easyridinole

I had to take another crack at doing a brisket so here it is all seasoned up and ready for an overnighter in the fridge.

This is after four hours of Mesquite @200* and ready to boat in some apple juice. Sorry for the dark picture.

finally done after 20 hours of cooking time and three hours of FTC.

I usally slice this up in the slicer, but is just fell apart making that just about impossible!

This is another picture of it done. It kind of looks dry in the picture, but it is really moist.

Most people hate the taste of beer - to begin with. It is, however, a prejudice that many people have been able to overcome.     -WINSTON CHURCHILL-

OU812

Looks good easy.

I did a brisket this weekend and it took 20 hr also, never had one take that long b4.

NePaSmoKer

Looks good ole

guess briskit is soon for me again

nepas

westexasmoker

Nothing better than brisket!  Good job Ole!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

HawkeyeSmokes

Darn that looks good Ole!  ;D Bet that's what I could smell when we had that west wind going.  :D
HawkeyeSmokes

easyridinole

Thanks guys! I took the week off of work so I am going to do a few things this week, hopefully. A friend is going to bring over some Salmon he caught up in Lake Superior for me to smoke and I am going to do some venison summer sausage also.

Ole

Most people hate the taste of beer - to begin with. It is, however, a prejudice that many people have been able to overcome.     -WINSTON CHURCHILL-

degenerazn

I think I'll have to do some brisket this weekend.  What are those wires in your smoker?

Gizmo

Those appear to be temperature probes.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

easyridinole

Yep, those are temp probes. I had one in each brisket.

Ole

mikecorn.1

What did you season it with.
Mike

easyridinole

Its called "Brisket of Love Bar-B-Que Rub" from the spice house, www.thespicehouse.com. I think it is really good.

Ole

mikecorn.1

Mike