ET 73 Mod

Started by CarolinaCooker, July 25, 2009, 11:30:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarolinaCooker

My et 73 would work most of the time on the kitchen table, but it didn't always update. I have my bradley in my steel garage, about 75 feet away from the kitchen. I thought what the heck let me try the mod. Used a piece of speaker wire I had laying around, soldered it onto the 2 left contacts and bent it straight up and cut a small hole in the top of the case for it, put a dab of caulk on the outside to seal it. 6 1/2 inches total length. Works mint, I can go to the front of my house now and it still works, about 100 feet away from the smoker through the steel garage wall and 2 house walls. Highly recommend this mod.

mikecorn.1

Have read about this problem with the et 73. I have one I purchased about a 2 months ago. I have never had a problem with it. Guess i lucked out. Im sure my turn is coming and I'll end up doing the same thing everyone else is doing. Why doesnt the manufacturer just do the modification in-house.  Well then again, they'll probably want to charge more for the unit then.  ;D   Or give it another number and add a + sign and sell it for even more.
Mike