Show Yer Smokers

Started by NePaSmoKer, July 28, 2009, 11:32:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikecorn.1

Not much but have to get started somehow.  ;D  I dont have the luxury of having a big back yard or a big garage to do some of the setups like some of the folks here. Make due with what i got.   :)

As you all know,   BDS4
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq10/mikecorn_1/Michael%20Smoking%20Meats/DSC00809.jpg[/img]]

Kenmore 4 burner gas grill. Handy when just want something grilled quick.
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq10/mikecorn_1/Michael%20Smoking%20Meats/DSC00810.jpg[/img]]

Webber BBQ
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq10/mikecorn_1/Michael%20Smoking%20Meats/DSC00811.jpg[/img]]
Mike

aces-n-eights

Nice looking setups, guys!  This is a fun thread!

Quote from: Kummok on July 28, 2009, 11:44:46 PM
Nice slabs As & 8s!! Were those netted at the mouth of the Kenai? Was just by there today and heard about the glacier dam break on Skilak.....

Got them on rod and reel - fly tackle, actually - fun stuff.  And yes, we're under a flood watch so had to pull up my dock.
US Army, retired, x2
Soldotna Alaska
"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Psalm 109:8

Caneyscud

If I close my eyes real tight and keep them closed, maybe I won't dream of catching those chromes on the fly!    I guess the only consolation I can scrape up is that I can catch browns that size in the middle of winter on my home waters.  My home waters don't get hard in the winter!  LOL
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

pensrock

My turn, I guess, I do not have as many toys as the others but its fun trying to catch up.  ;D

My BDS with homemade cold smoke box under the table and my PID to the right of the BDS.

Heres another pic, showing the inside of the cabient, no cold smoke box in this pic.

Close up of my PID.

This is my sausage smoker.

I guess I really do need more toys,  ;) ;D

NePaSmoKer

pens i think the tall smoker is going on the other side of my deck. I made my mind up and if the wife dont like it then too bad. Its only going to hurt once  :D

DOH

nepas

pensrock

she won't like it and it will hurt.... lol
;D ;D ;D

Caneyscud

For my 1000th post --- Here are my Smoking Toys

My favorite stickburner for steaks and burgers - simple but hasn't been used this year due to rain!

First Water Smoker (Bullet type)  Needless to say, not used anymore

Last gasser.  Let's just say it had to be sacrificed.  I hated that thing, but used it for 5 years though!

An interesting little portable stickburner.  Wish I knew more about it!

Not really a smoker, but only used when smoking - One of my three double burners!

Bradley (DBS) on the deck next to house wall.  Sitting on my newest Craigslist find - $20.  Holds the smoke generator perfectly (see left photo), but need to put a harder top on it.

Reserved for the "Secret from my wife Grill" - the Traeger

The New Braunfels Bandera Vertical Off-set against the deck rail

Trailer mounted rotisserie with offset firebox.

My favorite big grill - trailer mounted, but not an offset.  And yes that is the Caneyscud - so hot he's flaming!!!!
Can do a pretty good sized whole hog on it, but never have - don't really like to.

"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Caribou

:D :D :D :D :D :D
Great pics Caneyscud!
Kind of like an illustrated evolution of your smoking hobby.
Cool!
Carolyn

easyridinole

I hope that secret from your wife one works out!!   ;D ;D

Ole
Most people hate the taste of beer - to begin with. It is, however, a prejudice that many people have been able to overcome.     -WINSTON CHURCHILL-

BigJohnT

Ok, here we go! Brand New out of the box, washed, repaired and warming up to seasoning.

I was real impressed with the packaging it was well thought out and impressed with the Smoker too! I did have an issue (lazy assembly line worker) with the smoke generator but sorted that out. The only other thing I noticed was the holes in the bottom of the smoke generator that the screws thread into are too big for the screw so they don't really hold well....

John

mikecorn.1

Time to put some flavoring on the inside of that thing.  ;D
Mike

BigJohnT

There's smoke coming out of it now  ;D

John

mikecorn.1

Hellllll yeah. I you can, post some pics. We love pics.  ;D
Mike

BigJohnT

After seasoning I tossed some salmon steaks my wife had thawed out for dinner... I didn't have any alder so I just used hickory... 1hr20min @ 125f

Salmon I find oily but this is nice... I think that 1 hr might have been enough.

John

smokeitall

Looks real nice.  Whats next?  Jerky? or the Kielbasa?