WOWSERS

Way cool project. Very nice collection.

So There  ;D

nepas

OU812

Thats a job well done your daughter should take the blue

Gotta make a mama proud

pensrock

really cool!!! you both should be very proud.  :)

3rensho

Gadfrey Daniel!!  We sure didn't so anything that nice when I was in 4H centuries ago.  Outstanding job young lady. 

Tom
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Caribou

Thanks everyone!
I'm reading your accolades to Emma, she's glowing with pride!
She originally joined 4H to show poultry but got drawn to entomology because she was already an insect lover.
It's so fun, we all get involved in picking up insects when we see them.  My folks live in CA and had an infestation of termites and collected some for her.
We told them to put them in a container and freeze them, which is the recommended way to kill them "humanely" :D
I'll post some pics of her pinning them when she does some more, it's like taxidermy on a very small scale.
Carolyn

deb415611

I'll check to see if any of our butterfly's here are different.  My butterfly bush is past peak but it's still drawing quite a crowd.

Caribou

That would be cool Deb!
What we do so the butterflies don't beat themselves up, is place a piece of paper towel at the bottom of the container for them to sit on before putting the container in the freezer.
Thanks!
Carolyn

Roadking

WOW! That is one neat display. Congrats to her.

When I first saw the display the first thing that hit me was "Silence of the Lambs" I must be loosing it.
Oh ya and by the way you better get some clothes on those chickens before the winter rolls in....... ;D

rdevous

Quote from: Roadking on August 13, 2009, 12:13:22 PM

Oh ya and by the way you better get some clothes on those chickens before the winter rolls in....... ;D

Carolyn,

I would be more then willing to wrap them in a bacon overcoat and keep them warm in my smoker....I would even make it pleasant smelling for them with some hickory pucks.  No need to thank me.....always ready to help a forum member in need!!   ::)

Ray

If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!

Caribou

Quote from: rdevous on August 13, 2009, 09:40:34 PM
Quote from: Roadking on August 13, 2009, 12:13:22 PM

Carolyn,

I would be more then willing to wrap them in a bacon overcoat and keep them warm in my smoker....I would even make it pleasant smelling for them with some hickory pucks.  No need to thank me.....always ready to help a forum member in need!!   ::)

Ray

:D :D :D
Sorry, but those guys entered the food chain a couple months ago, they were crowing too much! ;)
I just processed 3 roasting chickens that dressed out at 7.5, 8 and 6.5 pounds.  It would take more than a pound of bacon to wrap one of them up!
Carolyn

Roadking

A-a-a-a-a-h....poor things and I thought they were pets  ;)  ::)  ::)

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!