Brisket Stuck At 185 F

Started by oakville smoker, August 03, 2009, 11:56:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakville smoker

From heaven to ......    LOL
My brisket IT seems to be stuck at 185 and has been for the last 79 minutes
Smoker temp is 214
Brisket is boated and covered
I have heard about the brisket temp  stall and breakthrough but this seems extreme

Any tips, pointers etc.  Now coming up on hour hour 18.  Something tells me this is going to be 20 hours

Maybe one day I will be able to provide assistance to someone instead of begging for it all the time     LOL 
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

Up In Smoke

Quote from: oakville smoker on August 03, 2009, 11:56:54 AM
From heaven to ......    LOL
My brisket IT seems to be stuck at 185 and has been for the last 79 minutes
Smoker temp is 214
Brisket is boated and covered
I have heard about the brisket temp  stall and breakthrough but this seems extreme

Any tips, pointers etc.  Now coming up on hour hour 18.  Something tells me this is going to be 20 hours

Maybe one day I will be able to provide assistance to someone instead of begging for it all the time     LOL 
patience grasshopper. This is where the magic happens
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

NePaSmoKer

Bump the temp up to 225*

You will be fine

nepas

Caneyscud

As Neps say bump it up no prob. - or not - it'll get going either way!  Strange to stall there, but that 79 minutes at 185 did it a world of good!  I hope you like it tender?
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Wildcat

Nothing to worry about.  Bump up the temp if your in a hurry or leave it alone if your not.  Your gonna love the results either way.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

oakville smoker

Thx all, knew I could count on u guys
Cranked the temp a bit and pulled it at 199
Its resting in foil, towell and cooler now
This should be awesome

I can see the benefit of using a house oven as you can maintain the temp a lot easier
Just not crazy about having the gas oven on for 16 hours
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

HawkeyeSmokes

A little late on my post, but I did a 12 lb brisket that did the same thing. Drove me nuts waiting but the end results were worth it. Enjoy!  ;D
HawkeyeSmokes

Caneyscud

Quote from: oakville smoker on August 03, 2009, 02:49:33 PM
Thx all, knew I could count on u guys
Cranked the temp a bit and pulled it at 199
Its resting in foil, towell and cooler now
This should be awesome

I can see the benefit of using a house oven as you can maintain the temp a lot easier
Just not crazy about having the gas oven on for 16 hours

Sounds like you done good and persevered!  Can't wait to hear about the results and the raves from the fam.  Before you say that the oven is easier to maintain the heat - better check how accurate your oven is!  Many are not any more accurate or less "variable" than a Bradley - just have a bigger element! - (I know you are gas and have burners - but you get the idea I hope)
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

mikecorn.1

Mike

oakville smoker

Hello again

Vacation this week and nothing in the smoker today...  I know its a sin ! ............
HOWEVER....  so far today 18 holes of golf very early this morning.  A SEVERE thunderstorm warning and the tornado warning was
just cancelled.  No I am not in Kansas.  LOL This is good old west of the big smoke Toronto

To be perfectly honest, the brisket was a bust and not a boom.
I really did not like the texture and it was dry.  Not chewy or anything like that.  Just dry and an unpleasant texture.
It might have been better pulled and served with a gravy or sauce or something

I am thinking maybe I am not a brisket person after all.
Cannot say that I will try this again.

But thanks for all the help and assistance

FLBentRider

Hang in there.

My first brisket did not come out well either.

I got it figured out.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

OU812

Oak dont give up on the brisket just yet you gotta give it another chance sometimes its just the meat and not the master