St Louis Ribs

Started by squirtthecat, August 01, 2009, 10:23:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirtthecat

Quote from: HawkeyeSmokes on August 01, 2009, 06:52:09 PM
I think that I would drain the juice, reserve it, and FTC the ribs, then refrigerate overnight.  Tomorrow, defat the juice and add some back to the ribs to rewarm before reheating them. Then off to the grill with your sauce as planned.

Sounds like a plan.   I stuffed the entire 'boat' in a cooler (thank you Omaha Steaks for a big food service foil pan-sized cooler!) for now while we finished cleaning up, but I'll pull them and wrap them individually - and put in the fridge.   Good tip on saving the juice - it HAS to be good stuff.

squirtthecat

LATE night update..

After 3 more hours in the FTC:

Some 'big foil' action:

Ready to go for tomorrow:

And some juicy leftovers:

Smokin Soon

Very nice Squirt! It will only get better from hear as you dial in your own tastes.

squirtthecat

HawkeyeSmokes

Now that looks good. Great job!  ;D So what's next on the smoking to do list?
HawkeyeSmokes

squirtthecat

I think my wife has put a moratorium on smoked pork, so I I'm going to do a turkey breast roast (boneless Butterball or Honeysuckle White - I have 3 in the freezer) next weekend.   Will snoop through all of the online recipes/posts for Turkey Tips.

Thanks to everyone for their quick advice and help!

rcger

Quote from: squirtthecat on August 02, 2009, 05:43:59 PM

I think my wife has put a moratorium on smoked pork, so I I'm going to do a turkey breast roast (boneless Butterball or Honeysuckle White - I have 3 in the freezer) next weekend.   Will snoop through all of the online recipes/posts for Turkey Tips.

Thanks to everyone for their quick advice and help!

Thank God you're not a Cubs fan....CUBS=Completely Useless By September
There's room for all of God's critters right next to the mashed taters and gravy!