Porkloin

Started by westexasmoker, July 30, 2009, 02:39:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westexasmoker

Had a porkloin that I was going to jerk, but then thought canadian bacon.  Well after debating with myself, opted for something different....So I went with Whitetailfan's recipe http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?t=85

Brined for two days with added cajun seasoning, rinsed and soaked for two hours.  Resting while the smoker comes up to 220....Added some bacon on top (everythings better with bacon..right!) and pepper.   ;D

3 hours of mesquite smoke (of course) 5 hours total in the smoker IT hit 150

Resting/Cooling now to be sliced in a bit!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Tenpoint5

Quote from: westexasmoker on July 30, 2009, 02:39:28 PM
....Added some bacon on top (everythings better with bacon..right!) and pepper.   ;D

And Hickory!!!! ;D ;D ;D You did use HICKORY SMOKED Bacon right WTS!!! I know it helps block out the Messy Wood. Looks really good though.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

westexasmoker

Okie Dokie, All sliced up into 12 nice thick chops....almost ready for the grill!

C

Tenpoint5

There you go WTS, gotta get some grill marks on them!!! Looking better even with the Messy Wood!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

mikecorn.1

That looks mighty good.  :P
Mike

twl

What is the small hole screen you have in your tray made of? Where did you get it? Are there fine mesh racks available?
twl
twl, Bayview, Idaho, USA

westexasmoker

Those are the high temp screens from Yard and Pool, I highly recommend them!

C