My New Bradley Smells

Started by BigJohnT, August 01, 2009, 05:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigJohnT

Ok, wings, and corn on the cob.

EVOO, salt, pepper, cumin, garlic powder...

Kitty too.

John

BigJohnT

and Coco waits eagerly for some chicken...

John

mikecorn.1

Alright, looks like it going to be a good one.
Mike

HawkeyeSmokes

Looks to me like Coco is guarding that chicken!   ;D
HawkeyeSmokes

FLBentRider

Quote from: HawkeyeSmokes on August 01, 2009, 06:16:30 PM
Looks to me like Coco is guarding that chicken!   ;D

With a canine ferocity unmatched in our time!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

BigJohnT

Ok, Bradley wide open 5 hickory bisquetttes, and  one JD bisquettes. Rotate the chicken at one hour and add the corn in aluminum boats with salt, pepper, onions, and butter.

It was GOOD!

Thanks
John

mikecorn.1

Dam, Bjt. that chicken looks awesome. Nice color.  :P
Mike

BigJohnT

The best thing is you can pee off the deck and no one can see  8) I love living on a dead end road off of a dirt road in swamp east Missouri...

John

Smokin Soon

Chicken and corn look great Bigjohn! I sure wish I could pee off my back deck!!

smokeitall

That looks great John, only thing missing is your controls.  ;D ;D 
By the way I changed you to a 4" touch screen yesterday because the 3" was out of stock.  You should have it Monday, thermocouple cassette soon after.  The wrong cable will show up but don't worry I have the right one for you in my truck.

Me, I'm doing 5.5 lbs of jerky tomorrow (3lbs of Nepas Teriyaki, 2.5 lbs of my own recipe) then as soon as that is done three full racks of baby backs will be going in and if there is enough room in the smoker a full tray of bacon wrapped stuffed penos.  Yeah Sunday should be a good day.  Only bad thing is I will be completely out of bisquettes tomorrow night, going to have to order some more.

SIA

Habanero Smoker

Looks good.

Let me know how your corn turned out. Generally I leave the inner leaves of the husk on, because any exposed kernels tend to dry out. I would like to know if boating them that why will still protect the kernels that are exposed.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

BigJohnT

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on August 02, 2009, 01:58:17 AM
Looks good.

Let me know how your corn turned out. Generally I leave the inner leaves of the husk on, because any exposed kernels tend to dry out. I would like to know if boating them that why will still protect the kernels that are exposed.

The corn turned out fantastic. I rotated the corn in the boat after 30 minutes and kept it on the top rack. The corn was in for 1 hr at 225.

John

BigJohnT

Hey Scott,

I can't wait to get the PLC and touch screen so I can build my automagic smoker control unit.

I'm planning on doing some nepas jerky today...

John