Received smoker yesterday. Loose and missing screws.

Started by 1wired1, August 02, 2009, 07:47:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1wired1

I haven't contacted the retailer or Bradley yet, so I'm not here to bash or anything, but I am surprised to find loose and missing screws when I opened up my smoker. There were two screws, two washers, and a nut in the bottom of the smoker when I opened it.

I tried screwing the longer screw into the hole in the picture below. It doesnt grab on to anything.

Looking at the pictures in the manual this doesn't look right either?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
1w1

squirtthecat

Just might have been a dud that slipped by QA in the factory...  Go back to the retailer for an exchange.

Habanero Smoker

I agree. Return it. The long bolt you have pictured looks too large for it to be the one that tightens the ceramic connector, but the looks may be distorted by the camera angle. And the last photo, the generator was either assembled improperly, or it got quite abuse by the shipping company.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Mr Walleye

Man that's disappointing to say the least 1Wired1.  :'(

I agree with Habs. I would return it for one that, with any luck, wasn't kicked around quite so much.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

BigJohnT

My smoke generator was exactly like that when I got it. I just loosened the screws on the bottom and it popped into place. I got mine via Walmart Site to Store so I didn't want to wait 2 weeks for another one so I just fixed it. If you purchased it local I agree return it.

John

1wired1

I have been in contact with the retailer and Bradley today. Both were very good to deal with, which is sometimes hard to find these days. Bradley is shipping out a new smoker today and picking up the damaged unit on Wednesday.

Mr Walleye

1wired1

Bradley's customer service is second to none. I'm glad to hear they are making it right for you. It's too bad it happened in the first place but hopefully you're up and smokin' in no time!  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

1wired1

New smoker arrived yesterday. Kudos to Bradley and the retailer. This one is much better condition, although there is a crack in the trim at the bottom of the smoker.

westexasmoker

Yep ya can't beat Bradley customer service!  Is the crack in the face plate?

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Smokin Soon

My smoke gen was just like that. I just carefully popped that little tang in and all was happy and straight.

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: westexasmoker on August 06, 2009, 04:01:32 PM
Yep ya can't beat Bradley customer service!

C

All State is not the only one with "GOOD HANDS". The difference is, Bradley extend theirs longer.

Hope all your troubles will be behind you and you start enjoying your smoking.\

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

Oldman

QuoteAll State is not the only one with "GOOD HANDS".
In Florida AllState is a joke. They have canceled tens upon tens of thousands of home owner policies.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

bubyx

could someone please tell me how to start a new post.
My smoker will only feed through two briquettes maximum even when the timer is set for 3 hours.
I'm sorry I've gate crashed yours but I've been looking for over half an hour and I still can't see how to do it.
Regards Buby

KyNola

Bubyx
Open a section of the forum.  Look to the right near the top and you will see "new topic".  Click there and you're ready to write your new thread.

KyNola