No smoke flavor....what the heck? HELP

Started by bbqjourney, August 03, 2009, 02:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArnieM

Quote from: ArnieM on September 13, 2009, 09:03:20 PM
Hi bbqjourney  (sorry, had the wrong poster here)

First, I can't give you an answer so you can skip the rest of this post if you like. 

If this was solely your opinion, I'd say well ...

But as you said, you passed the food around to others who reported little or no smoke taste so you can't be entirely wrong.

What model smoker do you have?  What have you smoked on where you really got the stronger smoke taste that you like?  And what kind of wood and food did you previously smoke?

One of the benefits of the BS is that the smoke produced is more 'pure' - that is less acrid than smoking wood down to ashes.  Maybe that's what you're used to.  I don't know.  I've only used my OBS for three smokes:  split chicken breast with apple (1:40 smoke), ribs with hickory (3:00 hours smoke) and yesterday for brisket with oak (4:00 hours smoke).  My wife and friends loved 'em.  Yeah, I know that doesn't help you.

I don't understand how, when you put food in the smoker and fill it with smoke, it doesn't come out smokey.  What makes you think the Bradley is much different from an offset or direct heat smoker?  It may help if you expounded on your previous smoking experiences.

I hope we can help you here.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.