Getting E message

Started by slo-ls1, August 05, 2009, 04:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slo-ls1

Have had the smoker for about 9 months now and have had this problem since day one.  If I move the smoker the arm timing gets thrown off.  When the arm for the feed comes around it is supposed to come to a stop at the micro-switch however mine usually stops just either side of the switch.  If I pull the cover off and play with the arm placement for a few mins I can usually get it to working correctly however when I put it away and set it up the alignment is thrown off and I have to adjust again.

So what do I do to fix this.  I have called and they have been very nice, had me check the wires and placement of the micro-switch and all seem to be in correct working order.

pensrock

Normally the E code is due to a jammed puck or a dirty mechamism causing a jam. I never had to realign anything before just clean and/or unjam. I do remember someone saying to press the advance button and unplug the unit, then plug it back in to reset the pusher. At least thats what I can remember, lol. I'm sure someone who has done it will be around to help you through it.
pens

Bradley (Head Office)

Hi Slo-ls1

QuoteWhen the arm for the feed comes around it is supposed to come to a stop at the micro-switch mine usually stops just either side of the switch

This has me puzzled the arm has to stop on the black button on that grey switch it is what controls the start /stop.

Your smoker is still under its warranty call the office and ask them to send you a new advance stop switch

If you need some more help ask them to transfer you to me

Thanks

Brian

slo-ls1

Thanks for the quick responses.  Ill try to make more sense.

As far as my understanding goes, when it is time the motor completes a 180 degree revolution and in order for the machine to know the feed is complete and successful the arm the moves the puck advance must come to rest on the micro-switch.  If that is not correct let me know.

I tried to draw lines, but am having picture problems with the computer.

Doesn't seem to me it is a switch problem as if I manually depress the micro-switch it functions properly. 

Habanero Smoker

It should make a full 360° rotation. Some time ago when I checked mine out the arm did not stop on the switch but travel just beyond it. If the arm is aligned correctly you will hear a very distinct click when it depresses the switch.

Also it may just be a bad camera angle but the pins that position your feeder tube holder look bent, are you sure the drive assembly (the piece where the motor is attached to) it not bent downwards. If it is that will cause the problem of the arm not being able to engage the micro switch.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

slo-ls1

I believe that is just the angle.

So the switch just has to be depressed to work, I doesn't need to be held down.

slo-ls1

Just talked to customer service and they have fixed the problem.

Great customer service.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: slo-ls1 on August 07, 2009, 03:51:22 PM
Just talked to customer service and they have fixed the problem.

Great customer service.

What was the fix?

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

slo-ls1

They are sending a new generator.

Habanero Smoker

I
         don't
                   inhale.