Newbie in Switzerland looking for 4-rack DBS online-now having problems

Started by femo, August 11, 2009, 09:36:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

femo

Hello guys,

you no any store in canada or the US which would ship to switzerland ?
there is no dealer around here, and i did not get any reply from the UK
dealer. in any case the prices over here are abt 30% higher.....

so if anyone knows a reliable online store that ships internationally, please
let me know.

brgds
chris
greez
christoph

Cactus Jack Smoker ''16, ODC Victoria 2b, Bradley Digital Smoker (4-rack), Barbecook Water Smoker

3rensho

Grüzi Chris,

Ja, ich habe mein Bradley von UK bestellt aber das ist ein paar jahre her.  Versuch noch mal.

Tom
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

KyNola

Welcome to the forum Chris.  Good luck with your search for the Bradley.

KyNola

femo

hey guys,

thanks for the warm welcome ;-)

and tom,

thanks for the tip, how much did u pay for shipping the bradley from uk
to switzerland ? just shipping, without taxes.

thanks
greez
christoph

Cactus Jack Smoker ''16, ODC Victoria 2b, Bradley Digital Smoker (4-rack), Barbecook Water Smoker

mikecorn.1

Welcome to the forum. When you get a chance look at these sites. They will help quite a bit.

Bradley Frequently Asked Question http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?t=481

Recipe Site  http://www.susanminor.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=180
Mike

femo

Quote from: mikecorn.1 on August 11, 2009, 02:07:55 PM
Welcome to the forum. When you get a chance look at these sites. They will help quite a bit.

Bradley Frequently Asked Question http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?t=481

Recipe Site  http://www.susanminor.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=180

hello mike,

thanks for your post, but what are you trying to show me ? i can only find recipes in your links........
what am i missing......

greez
christoph

mikecorn.1

You should be able to click on the the web link that is highlighted in light blue color and it will take you to the sites. One is for Frequently asked questions and the other is for recipes. I just clicked on them and it works. Some of the other members have a link posted on their replies in form of pictures you click on and it takes you to the same websites. Just wait. Someone will come along with one of them.
Mike

3rensho

Hi Chris,

I'd have to try to find the receipt for my Bradley (if I still have it).  Shipping costs have risen a lot since I bought mine so I'd just give the UK dealer a bell and have him check.

Tom

femo

hello tom,

thanks a lot.
i send them another email last night, lets see if they react.
and to be honest i wont call them. if they cannot handle their emails.....sorry.

my personal opinion, that if they do not feel like replying to 2 emails, they do not
derserve my business.

i do have a reply from a canadian store though....they are checking if they have the
240 volt version available.

thanks sofar
chris
greez
christoph

3rensho

I've dealt with these two companies and have received excellent service and responsiveness -

http://www.designasausage.com/

http://www.weschenfelder.co.uk

You might give them a try as they both carry Bradley's.

Tom

ExpatCanadian

Hi Tom,

Welcome to the forum....

Just thought I'd weigh in here on this...  I live in the UK, and have dealt with the main distributor (Grakka Ltd.) here a few times from my initial purchase and with a couple of warranty issues and I can assure you they are very reliable and very customer orientated.

Quotemy personal opinion, that if they do not feel like replying to 2 emails, they do not
derserve my business.

I cannot explain why they have not responded to your e-mails, perhaps they are in the same situation as many companies this time of year, staff on holiday  ??? I know this sounds like an excuse, but really, it's not a reflection on their actual level of service.  I normally phone them and they are very friendly, helpful and willing to spend a lot of time with you answering questions etc.  Also...  when I've had any issues, I've had a new part delivered to my door within 24 hours, without exception.  Obviously this will take a little longer to Switzerland, but believe me, a lot less than having to deal with Canada (I'm Canadian, and occasionally get stuff shipped over here from home).

Quotei do have a reply from a canadian store though....they are checking if they have the

I visited Bradley HQ in Delta, Canada a few weeks ago, and Brian mentioned that their 240 Volt gear is shipped directly to their overseas distributors from the Chinese manufacturer.  Even if there is a 240v smoker in Canada, you will almost certainly need parts at some point (not because they are unreliable or anything, simply because that's life, stuff breaks down) and when that happens it's going to be a major headache trying to source 240v parts from Canada.

Anyway, hope this helps....  and hope you get smoking soon.  It's an addictive hobby...!

Tyson.

femo

hello tyson,

thank you very much for your constructive comments.
of course these are also my worries, but now looking closer at all the facts, the price differences are huge.
i wouldnt have thought, that it would make such a diffrence, but i'm even thinking abt getting a 110 volt version, and running it over a converter, which i already have.

in the us and canda the 4 rack dbs sells at 399.-- usd (shiping 150 usd) 549 usd
in the uk the same smoker sells at 380 pouns = 628 usd (shipping 100 usd) 728 usd
and in europe it sells at 460 euro = 650 usd (shipping 50 usd) 700 usd

this gives u an idea, abt my findings within the last days, when searching the web for alternatives. and the
us/canadian thing has another 2 advantages.....i could get a jim beam vesion, which i wud love to have, as i
am a great fan of 'jim; ;-). and secondly the differences on the pucks are similar and i intend to order 4 packs
of 120 right with the unit, ie add savings.
its crazy, how can the differencesbe so big ? 150 usd come on not talking on the differences on the pucks.
they go at 60 usd a pack here and at 45 usd with u guys (street prices even lower)

i will sleep over it for another couple of days, but it looks like i order in the states or canada......

thanks in any case sofar.

chris
greez
christoph

Bradley (Head Office)

Hi Chris

QuoteQuote
my personal opinion, that if they do not feel like replying to 2 emails, they do not
derserve my business.
I would try and give the dealers over there a phone call your e-mails to them may be going into a spam folder.

Quotei do have a reply from a canadian store though....they are checking if they have the

The only 240 Volt Models are at the Head Office in B.C. Canada

Quotebut i'm even thinking abt getting a 110 volt version, and running it over a converter, which i already have.

I am not an expert on convertors but with the differance in  60 - 50  Hertz may cause a problem with the smoker.

Brian

femo

hello brian,

thanks for you taking the time aswell for responding. that is customer service !

QuoteI would try and give the dealers over there a phone call your e-mails to them may be going into a spam folder.

i contacted 2 other uk dealers, and they replied, so no problem i have a quote, as you see from my previous message.

QuoteThe only 240 Volt Models are at the Head Office in B.C. Canada
I am not an expert on convertors but with the differance in  60 - 50  Hertz may cause a problem with the smoker.

that is not a problem, the hertz are changed aswell, it is a professional 220-240v / 110v converter. let's see.
sofar it is sure that i want a bradley digital  ;D

will keep you posted. thanks to all of you for replying.

happy smoking

Brian
[/quote]
greez
christoph

3rensho

I run my OBS on 240V 50Hz straight from the wall socket here in Switzerland and have never had a problem.  With the 240 volt model you'd have less of an I2R loss on a long extension cord run as well.

Tom