Newbie in Switzerland looking for 4-rack DBS online-now having problems

Started by femo, August 11, 2009, 09:36:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hopefull Romantic

Hi there femo and welcome to the forum

I had a similar problem as you are facing since I live in Jordan and crazy about smoking. After a long and tedious search I have purchased my 6 rack DBS from a UK based dealer who was very nice and extremely professional and I might add patient with all my questions and queries. The name of the company is Devon Angling Center you can call them at +441548 580888/580001 and ask to speak to Malcolm Barnett tell him the Jordanian sent you. They have the $ racks DBS at 395 GBP but you get 10% discount at the check out and the price includes a 15% VAT which Barnett would be happy to deduct as well. The offer includes a 48 pack of bisquettes of your choice and shipped free to any location in the UK you choose in case you want to arrange shipment yourself. I shipped mine at 1.2 GBP per kilo (yes kilo and not pound). I might add that they carry all Bradley's item and all at a discount.

I also have to agree with Brian on the converter issue. Any machine would work well on a converter but it shortens it life expectancy and according to several experts' opinions I have solicited, the current might be changed to 110 but the frequency (hertz would not be).

Good luck

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

femo

hello guys,

thanks for all the advises. i ordered yestereday my 4-rack bradley in austria !
the woman there was very friendly and we found an agreement, so now i'm waiting....

i let u know when i rcvd it and when i will do my first smoke.

chris
greez
christoph

Cactus Jack Smoker ''16, ODC Victoria 2b, Bradley Digital Smoker (4-rack), Barbecook Water Smoker

femo

uuuiiii
my 4 rack digital cleared customs this am....so should be out for delivery to me tomorrow.
i cant wait to be honest. the worst, i cant use it this weeken, as i'm away for a wedding.

maybe i will season it still tomorrow night. lets see.

greez
greez
christoph

Cactus Jack Smoker ''16, ODC Victoria 2b, Bradley Digital Smoker (4-rack), Barbecook Water Smoker

KyNola

pkcdirect

Paul    

MES 40" w/1200 Watt Element & Window
Bradley BSS
A-MAZE-N-SMOKER

femo

jipppeeee
it just arrived.
hope you can see it ;-)

greez
christoph

3rensho

Congrats femo.  That looks like the real deal.  Looking forward to some pics of smoked Leberli und Rösti  ;D

Tom
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

squirtthecat

Very nice!   That box looks about as banged up as mine came in, and it only came from Indianapolis!  (just a few hours on a truck from my house)

Yours has some serious Frequent Flier miles already!

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

femo

hahaha yeah, this has travelled a bit.
just unpacked it and ohoh...looks like something is not right. but have a look
and you guys tell me.

and the full thing

what do you think ? the tube is shifted inside the smoke generator...????
i guess yes. you let me know please ? hopefully it is not too bad and can be fixed.
and hopefully i will not have any trouble with the mechanics later....

greez
christoph

KyNola

Femo,
Mine came looking exactly the same way.  I put my fingers inside the tube and gently moved it back to center.  I still periodically have to move it even today.  Mine suffered no ill effects from it.

KyNola

Mr Walleye

Yup! KyNola has you on the right track. It should just pop back into place. Years ago mine arrived that way too.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

westexasmoker

I'm with Mike and Ky, mine showed up looking exactly as yours.  I had to loosen the screws that holds the cover in place to position it correctly.  Not a problem!  Good luck and keep us posted!  Oh yeah....Welcome to the fourm!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

femo

so a feature, not a bug hahahahaha
so will try.

in abt 45 minutes i will get home.......
greez
christoph

femo

so, with a little soft force the tube was placed where it belonged. no probs.
thanks for the help.

than i started the bradley for seasoning. i had up and running for 1:20 hrs
and the smell was great. i would have loved some meet, but unfortunately that
has to wait until next week.

greez
christoph