Hello from Idaho and Thank you!

Started by GolfNut, August 14, 2009, 10:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GolfNut

Hello all, and greetings from Lewiston, Idaho. I've been lurking for probably over a year now, and I finally registered in June. I thought I would be picking up an OBS for Fathers Day, but other things came up.

Earlier this week, an ad came up on my local Craigslist for a nearly new, used only 5 times (hey, it's pre-seasoned!), OBS with cover for just $200. It was an hour away, so I called the guy and bought it. My Wife and I picked it up yesterday.

Man, am I a happy camper! I quartered a 2lb loaf of cheddar and cold smoked it with some Apple for a trial run last night and it was excellent.

Today, I did a couple racks of Babybacks, and they were the best I've ever made. (Sorry, was too busy scarfing to even think about a Qview!

I'd like to thank everyone here for contributing such a wealth of knowledge to help others enjoy the Bradley Smoker. I look forward to sharing my successes and (hopefully few) failures with all of you.

Tomorrow, my Wife has requested smoked Chicken breasts, and I plan to scout for sales on London Broil to get a big batch of Jerky going.

I've been using a couple of Big Chief smokers, and I have an offset Charbroil as well. Last year, I even converted an old chest freezer into a smoker so I could do big batches of bacon. I'm not exactly "new" to smoking, but I am certainly new to the Bradley, and I already feel spoiled! The Bradley just brings a whole new level of enjoyment to this process.

The probe went missing from my old digital thermometer, so I am hoping to find an ET-73 around town this weekend. If not, I'll be ordering one on Monday.

Thanks again to everyone for their generosity on this forum, and I'll see you all around!
"Yes we serve Vegetarians, just tell us how you'd like them cooked!"~Chef

deb415611

pensrock

welcome, sounds like you are off and running.
pens

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum GolfNut!

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Caribou

Hi Golfnut!
Welcome to the forum!
I'm just north of you in Hayden, ID.
You have probably golfed up here, when the courses aren't buried in snow! :D
Carolyn

mikeradio

mikecorn.1

Welcome aboard. If you can, we like pics. Post them if you can. If you havent already, i have a link to FAQS at bottom.
Mike

Mr Walleye

Hi Golfnut and welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you got a heck of a deal! Congrats on the successful smokes too!  8)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

OU812

Welcome to the fun

You got a heck of a deal on your new tool

Wouldnt you no it, after i got my smoker there seems to be deals all over the place on the Bradleys allot cheeper than what i got or should i say my wife got mine for. It was a christmas presant, she was tired of hearing my B about my offset and bullet smokers in the winter trying to keep the temp

pkcdirect

Paul    

MES 40" w/1200 Watt Element & Window
Bradley BSS
A-MAZE-N-SMOKER

GolfNut

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.  ;D

Caneyscud

Welcome Golfnut - this is indeed a great forum - lots of great food and people.  Have fun and take lots of pics.  And I just put 2 and 2 together - You are up there in Lewis and Clark territory, near all that great trout fishing and the Clearwater River.  I've wanted to get up there for some steelie fishing for a while now - had a friend that was up there a few years ago and he had a blast!  Just found out have a friend in Idaho Falls whose backyard is the Snake River.  Maybe an Idaha Falls to Lewiston fly fishing adventure !
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

GolfNut

Quote from: Caneyscud on August 18, 2009, 10:28:22 AM
Welcome Golfnut - this is indeed a great forum - lots of great food and people.  Have fun and take lots of pics.  And I just put 2 and 2 together - You are up there in Lewis and Clark territory, near all that great trout fishing and the Clearwater River.  I've wanted to get up there for some steelie fishing for a while now - had a friend that was up there a few years ago and he had a blast!  Just found out have a friend in Idaho Falls whose backyard is the Snake River.  Maybe an Idaha Falls to Lewiston fly fishing adventure !

Yes indeed, Lewiston is on the confluence of the Snake and Clearwater rivers and Steelhead fishing is HUGE here. Certain times of the year, I swear you could walk clear across the river and never get wet. Just step from boat to boat. lol

If you're ever up this way, definitely give a holler. We'll throw some meat together and if you're so inclined, I've always got some premium cigars and good booze on hand.

La Quinta

Welcome Golfnut...sorry I'm late to the party...but what they all said is good!!!  :D