Reveo Marinator

Started by nsxbill, February 17, 2005, 05:22:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nsxbill

I have purchased one of these marinators for full boat so I can write a non-biased review on it.  Most of you know how I like my toys!

I will be offering interested folks a discount who are members of the Bradley forum if I decide to become a dealer.  I like the idea.  More to come after I try it out..  

http://www.freethemeat.org/?source=GOOG

Give it a look....

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

jaeger

Bill,

I bet you will not want to part with it! You should try some smoked poultry using just a basic maple or brown sugar cure. I have used a tumbler before and can attest to their capabilities. The seasonings that we used were made under the name "Leggs". I'll try to find out more info regarding cure amounts etc if you would be interested.

Let us hear some comments on your first test re: vacuum pressure, tumbling action,  etc...

Doug

BigSmoker

Bill,
When you "free the meat" for the 1st time please give us a heads up would you as I'm sure all members here would like to know the results.

Jeff
//www.bbqshopping.com

[/url]
Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

nsxbill

Well, I got the marinator today, and I am going to try it out tonight.  I carefully unpacked it, and found the item to feel pretty solid.  To tumbler is what appears to be lexan or polycarbonate container, and the parts fit well.  

Going to clean it up, and toss in a couple of nice Filet Mignon, vacuum first then tumble for about 15 minutes.

There was a little scratch on the front of the unit, and label damage on one corner. Rather than exchanging it, offered $50 credit, which dropped price to $149...not bad (I will be offering a great discount on these if opting to be dealer - email me for details!).

Hope it works well.  I like the concept!

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BigSmoker</i>
<br />Bill,
When you "free the meat" for the 1st time please give us a heads up would you as I'm sure all members here would like to know the results.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Or give us a chance to run for cover!![:D][:D][:D]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Cold Smoke

[:0][:0][:0][;)]

You've still got it- even in your 40s- you've still got it!!

Cold Smoke

nsxbill

Well after a good tumble with 2 Tbsp. Jamaican Jerk Spice, 2 Tbsp. EEOO, and 2 Tbsp. Water, I grilled the filets when the BBQ reached 600° about 6 min. per side, and enjoyed immensely.  Wife thought hers was a little too spicy, but definitely a do again!  Going to try some lime shrimp tomorrow.  I think this is going to work out well.  The noise level is acceptably quiet, other than the sound of the tumbling meat.

Bill

jaeger

O.K. Bill,

I'm sold. Go ahead and send me one.  [:D][:D][:D]

Doug

nsxbill

If you are interested in a great price+shipping, a big savings on this marinator, email me.  I have to put together 12 people for the order.  That is Big percentage off, and I doubt you will find it cheaper anywhere else.  I have a Paypal account and as soon as I get the number of interested parties..at least 9, I will place an order for them. ( I will probably give the remaining 3 to my kids for their use!).

<font color="red">I have modified this post because the MAP is $199 & can't advertise for less, but as I said, email me for the list discount! - I have committment for five already</font id="red">

Bill

Habanero Smoker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nsxbill</i>
<br />( I will probably give the remaining 3 to my kids for their use!).

Bill

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
If I did not give away my age on another post, I would ask to be adopted [:D][;)][:D]

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

jaeger

Bill,

I sent you an email. Count me in.

Now a note to everyone: This is a great way to marinade and cure meat. This tumbler is for anyone that truly loves a good marinade. There just is no comparison to the ability to absorb the flavor of whatever marinade or cure that you use. I actually have no intention of purchasing any marinades from this company (though I have not tried their products yet). I'm sure they are excellent but, there are alot of products and recipes available that are excellent as well. The BIG proccesors out there all use gigantic tumblers for their brining and marinading needs. This is the first home style version of this quality available and if you get in line you can save a few bucks!
  The other thing regarding the tumbler. If I want mesquite and wife wants lemon pepper and daughter wants butter garlic, I can put ingredients in seperate vacuum seal bags with little or no vacuum on the bags(just to seal each bag)and tumble everything at once. I may even do it the night before so that when I am ready to grill or smoke my marinaded items are ready. Now if I want to do large batch for the smoker, I can mariade in batches and smoke everything at the same time. Just refrigerate everything until the tumbler is done.

Help Free the Meat!!!!    [:D][8D][:D]
http://www.freethemeat.org/?source=GOOG

Doug

Chez Bubba

Bill,

I've used the vacuum marination method in the past & agree on it's value. And, I can see where a tumbler would greatly save on the amount of marinade you'd need to use. So I'm sold on the benefits it brings to the table.

What I'm hung up on is the 5 pound max capacity (inlcuding marinade). I see Doug's point about doing steaks & the like in batches, but what about pork loin, butts, brisket, tri-tips etc.?

You've got hands-on experience with this unit and I value your product assesment abilities. Am I making more of a deal than I should be about the capacity?

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

nsxbill

It has a 5 lb capacity.  That is a limitation.  It won't work for butts, but it will work for ribs, steaks, jerkey, chicken, sausage, and will work for me even if I have to do a couple of 20 minute batches to marinate everything.  With a price tag of $1500 for a used and heavy restaurant size vacuum model, this seems a good alternative.

Big butts....still have to be done conventionally.  I suspect Turkey breast will fit if a smaller one.  I know a whole chicken will fit.

I am doing ribs today with a little bourbon, jamaican Jerk and then dusting with Willingham's dry rub before putting them in the smoker.  

As it goes, will let you know how it works.

Bill

jaeger

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nsxbill</i>
<br />If you are interested in a great price+shipping, a big savings on this marinator, email me.  I have to put together 12 people for the order.  That is Big percentage off, and I doubt you will find it cheaper anywhere else.  I have a Paypal account and as soon as I get the number of interested parties..at least 9, I will place an order for them. ( I will probably give the remaining 3 to my kids for their use!).

<font color="red">I have modified this post because the MAP is $199 & can't advertise for less, but as I said, email me for the list discount! - I have committment for five already</font id="red">

Bill

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

<font size="3"><font color="blue"><b>What do you think Smokers? Do you think you could put one of these to use?</b></font id="blue"></font id="size3">

Doug

JJC

I do . . . and let Bill know, too! [:D][:D][:D]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA