Reveo Marinator

Started by nsxbill, February 17, 2005, 05:22:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold Smoke

Thanks for the quality advice about gaining brownie points...

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">nsxbill
 You just have to get out the foot bath, warm up some oil and have it on hand. Soak her feet for 20 min in some of Madge's Palmolive Green Dishwashing Soap after you trim her nails for her. Take a little pumice stone and rub down the callouses. Apply the oil. Initially it is for a leg and calf massage - I like to use Neutrogena almond scented oil....you decide how far up her legs, etc to go. Success with this might not only sanction a marinator but a new Guru....never can tell.

I draw the line at applying color....she can do that herself.

The marinator is a nice item. Will give you some nice meat, fruit veggies, sauces...whatever you choose to infuse flavor to....no toe nail cuttings however, and her feet won't fit.
 <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

However- I've been eyeing one of these lately
http://www.lundboats.com/images/1800ProVSE.jpg

and will need all the rubles ($$) that I can muster up to get this to happen.[B)][8] And I'll likely have to use your suggested method to gain the go ahead from Mrs CEO. [:(][V][;)]

Cold Smoke

JJC

Hi Bill,

Did the PayPal thing a few minutes ago--let me know when you receive it (please be gentle . . . it's my first time) [;)]!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

nsxbill

Came through fine.

Thanks.  I will keep you up on progress or the order, let you know when I get them and provide a tracking number when I send them out.

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

jaeger

Bill,

I just sent payment through pay pal.

Thanks!!!

Doug

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by JJC</i>
<br />Hi Bill,

Did the PayPal thing a few minutes ago--let me know when you receive it (please be gentle . . . it's my first time) [;)]!

John
Newton MA
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">[:D][:D][:D]

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

St. Helens Smoker

nxs,thanks for the heads up, sent Pay Pal...any confusion over the addy's let me know, tough to explain delivery up here in this area...UPS = Vancouver Ave addy and ect..sorry to be a pain in a part of good smoking meat[:D]

birdboy

Can you use it for brining?  Does it speed up the time for that?  Say you were going to make Kummok's Salmon and usually brine it for 10 hours ... can you do it in 20 minutes?

Habanero Smoker

It would speed up the brining process, but one would have to experiment with times. Though Revco states that you can marinade in 20 minutes, it is not clear if the marinade is penetrating fully or just deeper (though the manual states that it will increase the meat weight by 10%). For brining you want to get full penetration, this may or may not be more then 20 minutes, but I would guestimate that it would be less than an hour maximum.

I am purchasing it mainly for brining, and will be experimenting with times.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

birdboy

That would certainly be a huge selling point ... I don't think my wife would blink an eye if that was the case.  No finding room for big containers in the fridge, no having to flip them from time to time, no having to plan so far in advance but being able to more spur of the moment....  If the same results could be had in less than an hour, I think the resounding answer would be H*ll yes !

It would be cool if someone with one tried Kummok's salmon and reported out on it... can you really do samlmon or would it break it up into pieces...

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Habanero Smoker</i>
<br />It would speed up the brining process, but one would have to experiment with times. Though Revco states that you can marinade in 20 minutes, it is not clear if the marinade is penetrating fully or just deeper (though the manual states that it will increase the meat weight by 10%). For brining you want to get full penetration, this may or may not be more then 20 minutes, but I would guestimate that it would be less than an hour maximum.

I am purchasing it mainly for brining, and will be experimenting with times.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

nsxbill

The best person to report that will be Kummok.  He bought one too.  I plan on trying it with Salmon.  It is a pretty gentle roll.  You vacuum then rotate.  I think it is gentle enough for salmon, and plan on trying it myself. I did 10# of Jerkey last night, 5# at a time.  The final product is super.  Since Salmon is something I do only about 5% of the time, not an issue for me.

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

SmokinMoe

Good grief, Bill, I can't wait for it to arrive!! Did you place the order yet?  Did you get any info on the extra containers?
I can't believe just a few days ago I was living without one perfectly fine and now I can't do anything until I get this thing!!
"If I have to cook, I might as well watch it all go up in smoke!"

nsxbill

I am going to fax the order to them tonight.  I have one more person who wants to get in on this.  He is going to discuss with little woman and let me know.    I will private you about the cannisters.

Bill

nsxbill

Open message to you about-to-be "Flavoristas:"

Order was placed very early this morning (had to wait for one echeck to clear).  Persons ordering and confirmed are

1.  SmokinMoe + additional items
2.  ChezBubba
3.  Kummok
4.  Habenero Smoker
5.  Big Smoker
6.  JJC
7.  Jaeger
8.  St.Helen's Smoker

I am sure these experienced smokers will get back to you with similar feedback to mine about how well this works as a simple stand alone unit for improving the process of quick marination of meats, veggies and fruits.

I have done a number of steaks, ribs, crab dip and this well-made item really works well.  I have ordered 13 total, and gifting my kids with one each.  I will have a couple left over from this order.  If you are interested, let me know.  Email me privately for the deal of the century. [:D][:D]   The MAP is $199 but offering you a much better deal as a member of this list...just can't advertise for less.

Bill

nsxbill

The order of Marivac Reveos should be arriving this coming week.  They were shipped out of east coast on the 8th.  I bought 14 and I have four more available for listers at a special price.  If you want one, get in on this initial buy.  MAP is set on this item, but Email me for a better price.  Shipping is $15 additional in U.S.

Last chance---going going  and almost gone.

Bill

nsxbill

All the marinators but one have been shipped out guys and gal!  Sorry Kummok...I have to add something to yours, and after getting shipment in had to do addresses etc and post office closed when I get home from work.  I promise I will mail yours on Wed morning after I add what I owe you to the box.

The average cost of shipping was about $19-$20 ea with $200 Insurance, but I told ya'll I would cover anything over $15.  The Paypal fees were $5.05 each(crooks), but glad to do this for you.  I still have 4 available, and I doubt you will see a better price than what I sold them for....Again, the MAP is $199...I can't post a price for less, but if you email me you will get the deal du jour!

All you about-to-be marinators.  Have a friend that likes your marivac...send them my way.

Bill