First Pulled Pork in th OBS with PICS

Started by joerom, August 16, 2009, 06:51:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joerom

Hello everyone;
      I made my first pulled pork in my OBS and it was a total success.First I should say that I have the OBS with a PID.This combination makes smoking foolproof.This is my fourth smoke with the Bradley,and I am still amazed at how well it works.The Bradley people have a great product.It performs perfectly.I was a little concerned with the long smoke I would have to do,but that proved to be no concern at all.I had a 9 lb. butt,and smoked with apple and hickory alternating each for a total of 4 hours,at a temperature of 210 degrees.The PID holds this right on.I started at 7:00 pm.At 11:00 I emptied the water and added a larger tray of water and went to bed.Finally at 3:00 in the afternoon,I took it out and wrapped in aluminum foil and towel for 1 1/2 hours.I did not think it would take as long as it did,but it had an internal temp of 185 degrees.The meat pulled apart with no effort and came clean off the bone.I would put the pulled pork equal to or better than any restaurant I have ever eaten in.I vacuum sealed the leftovers and froze them.I just can't say enough good about the Bradley.

mikecorn.1

Wow!! That is nice looking butt  ;D. That bark look great. The second pic is nice. Looks like the butt exploded tons of goodness.  ;D  What did you use for the rub.
Mike

Mr Walleye

Looks fantastic Joerom!   8)

I absolutely love the bark!  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

joerom

The rub I used was taken from "How to make competition ribs" but I added mustard powder and chili powder,and eliminated the cayenne pepper.I am hungry again!The butt came from Walmart,and the fat totally melted through,leaving only meat.It was not dried out,and it was tender.The credit goes to Bradley!

HawkeyeSmokes

Looks great Joerom, Your making me hungry!  ;D
HawkeyeSmokes

Caneyscud

That really looks good Joe!  Congrats on some good pulled pork.  I love it when a plan works out as it should!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

joerom

I wish I could give you all some,because actually you all helped!

Joe.

FLBentRider

That looks great.

Congrats on your first butt.

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

Now your hooked

Nice bark you got on that baby

Now im hungry again

I like to freeze in meal size bags also

Just simmer in the bags a wile and it never drys out

rdevous

Joerom,

That looks great!!!  WOW, you made me hungry too!!!  Now where did I put those teleportation instructions?  I swear I'd lose my head if it wasn't attached!!!   >:( ;D :)

Ray
If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!

buttburner

GREAT JOB!!!

I just bought a half dozen butts the local butcher had on sale for .99lb.

I will go back after I get paid and get another load. Dont see it that often around me for that price like in the old days!!!!

joerom

Thanks all,
         I think I paid about $1.50 a lb for mine,but still a good price when you consider that the end result is awesome.I think I will do ribs again,that is my favorite,with fries and beans!

Everytime I get on this site I get hungry.
                                                             Joe.

FLBentRider

And when you figure our local take out is $10.99/lb for pulled pork...

$1.50/lb *2 = $3.00/lb + pucks and electric ....

And mine is better than the take out place.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

OU812

Quote from: buttburner on August 18, 2009, 02:53:14 PM

I just bought a half dozen butts the local butcher had on sale for .99lb.

I to would stock up on the butt if i seen it for that price. The best price i have seen lately has been around $1.30/lb mostly it goes for $1.50/lb around here