ICB III Summers Last Blast and Smack Talk

Started by Tenpoint5, August 18, 2009, 08:09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Summers Last Blast Iron Chef Bradley!! Its the last part of summer, so why not something different? For this ICB there is a twist. There will be 2 meats to choose from and 4 others. Picture turn in will be Sept 5-6 voting will be Sept 7-11. This ICB will be for Bragging Rights since it is a departure from the norm. For the new members the ICB is open to every registered member of the forum. If you have any questions please feel free to ask, we will do our best to get them answered. When it comes to the smack talk don't take anything personal it's all in fun!!!

AS A REMINDER FOR EVERYONE

Basic Iron Chef rules:

Be creative on your recipes.

It can be as simple as a new ABT or a recipe that would take a snooty waiter in a fancy-schmancy restaurant 10 minutes to describe.

At least 80% of the cook time must be done in the Bradley Smoker, grill or other outdoor cooking method. Up to 20% of the cook time can be done on the stove, oven.

Use any spices or pre-made BBQ sauces, or other goodies as you wish.

The recipe is not limited to just the 3 main ingredients. Your pantry is open and anything is fair game to be used in your recipe. As long as the meat and two other ingredients are in one dish. ie...one bite gets all three ingredients.

It can be breakfast, brunch, lunch, or supper, or midnight snack.

The Ingredients: You must use one meat and two of the other ingredients. Your choice of what you use!

The Meats are: Pork Loin or Sausage (Bulk or link)

The Others: Zucchini, Tater Tots, Oranges, Dates

GAME ON!!!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Tenpoint5

Ok time for some Smack Talk!!

Time for the Teabag Lady to come out of hibernation and do SOMETHING!!!!!

No excuses from the Chicken Lady for not joining this one since Zucchini was drawn as one of the others.

I'm quite sure the Puppy Lady should be able to join in.

Ka Honu you have talked alot of smack but have yet to post an entry in an ICB!!! You can talk the talk BUT I don't think you can walk the walk my friend!

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Caneyscud

Hmmmm zucchini, tater tots, oranges and dates - sorta sounds more like Chopped than IC!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

deb415611

Ok Chris..... You are calling people out for this one but I don't remember seeing your entry last time.     

Who paid you to pull the tater tots out of the hat :). where do they keep those in the store?

Caneyscud

"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

deb415611

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on August 18, 2009, 08:20:32 AM

the puppy lady has a major work deadline Sept 15th but will see what she can do.  Also have to get the kid off to college in the middle of it

Caribou

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on August 18, 2009, 08:20:32 AM

Time for the Teabag Lady to come out of hibernation and do SOMETHING!!!!!

No excuses from the Chicken Lady for not joining this one since Zucchini was drawn as one of the others.

Ka Honu you have talked alot of smack but have yet to post an entry in an ICB!!! You can talk the talk BUT I don't think you can walk the walk my friend!
Bring it on G-String Boy!
Assuming that I am the "Chicken Lady" that submitted the grilled zucchini recipe,
If not, please disregard. :D
Carolyn

Tenpoint5

Quote from: deb415611 on August 18, 2009, 10:10:34 AM
Ok Chris..... You are calling people out for this one but I don't remember seeing your entry last time.     

Who paid you to pull the tater tots out of the hat :). where do they keep those in the store?

Hey there Puppy Lady! If you recall I told you I had an Idea but I didn't know if I was going to have enough time to get to it and I didn't. So  :P

You don't have to use the Tater Tots if you don't want to just pick from the other three choices. Your a big girl shouldn't have to hold your hand during this whole process again or DO WE????

sherlock

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on August 18, 2009, 08:09:01 AM

At least 80% of the cook time must be done in the Bradley Smoker, grill or other cooking method.

That leaves it wide open

;D ;D ;D

Tenpoint5

Quote from: sherlock on August 18, 2009, 12:07:56 PM
Quote from: Tenpoint5 on August 18, 2009, 08:09:01 AM

At least 80% of the cook time must be done in the Bradley Smoker, grill or other cooking method.

That leaves it wide open

;D ;D ;D

Thanks for reminding me Sherlock I forgot to make that change when I cut and pasted the basic rules It should and will say outdoor cooking method. Sorry for the confusion.

Ka Honu

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on August 18, 2009, 08:20:32 AMKa Honu you have talked alot of smack but have yet to post an entry in an ICB!!! You can talk the talk BUT I don't think you can walk the walk my friend!

And you won't see an entry this time, either.  Going to the mainland for a few weeks soon and have about one "smoker day" before then reserved for cheese and a couple of other odds and ends (like maybe replenishing my ever-dwindling Tasso supply).  Also, I'm pretty much a "savory" guy when it comes to meat - have no idea why I'd want to add oranges or dates to any protein dish (and don't consider Tater Tots as food at all).

But please - keep those cards and letters coming!

deb415611

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on August 18, 2009, 11:31:32 AM

Hey there Puppy Lady! If you recall I told you I had an Idea but I didn't know if I was going to have enough time to get to it and I didn't. So  :P

Time , yeah , i'm sure that's it..  You were just scared of the pizza dough ???

You don't have to use the Tater Tots if you don't want to just pick from the other three choices. Your a big girl shouldn't have to hold your hand during this whole process again or DO WE????

Maybe I'll make the tater tots from scratch ;D  So there :D

Caribou

Quote from: deb415611 on August 18, 2009, 05:18:14 PM

Wow Deb!
I didn't even know that they could be made at home!
I'm impressed!
Believe it or not everyone, I already bought my ingredients today!
Here's a teaser....I bought pork shoulder, tator tots and corn tortillas.
I won't hint any more of my ingredients. ::)

so there!
Carolyn

deb415611

Quote from: Caribou on August 18, 2009, 06:14:27 PM

Wow Deb!
I'm impressed!

so there!
Carolyn

Don't be impressed yet.  I'm not really sure it can be done.  I'm not sure what holds them together :D

Gee,  I wonder what your third ingredient will be........

FLBentRider

Quote from: deb415611 on August 18, 2009, 06:21:56 PM
Quote from: Caribou on August 18, 2009, 06:14:27 PM

Wow Deb!
I'm impressed!

so there!
Carolyn

Don't be impressed yet.  I'm not really sure it can be done.  I'm not sure what holds them together :D

Elmers glue.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!