ICB III Summers Last Blast and Smack Talk

Started by Tenpoint5, August 18, 2009, 08:09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caribou

Quote from: classicrockgriller on August 27, 2009, 11:33:29 AM
I had already activated my sourdough started so now i can breathe a little. I have a starter than I got from my mom that was started by my great grandmother in 1860's.
Classicrockgriller!
I know it's technically not "smack talk" but I'd love to hear the story of this sourdough starter that's been in your family so long.
Carolyn

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Caribou on August 27, 2009, 04:10:21 PM
Quote from: classicrockgriller on August 27, 2009, 11:33:29 AM
I had already activated my sourdough started so now i can breathe a little. I have a starter than I got from my mom that was started by my great grandmother in 1860's.
Classicrockgriller!
I know it's technically not "smack talk" but I'd love to hear the story of this sourdough starter that's been in your family so long.
Carolyn
Carolyn, All I know it is from my dad's grandmother....it might be older than that really not sure. My mom is high 80's and makes bread twice a week. I have three sisters and none of them are interested in it and sure what cousins etc have some of it. my dads ppl are cajun/scott irish from Louisiana.I saw online you can buy a started from King Arthur flour they say is from 1700's. That would be kewl to have but i have two, this one plus mine.

Caribou

Thanks!
You just taught me about something I never knew existed!
Hey, that's just like your dogs, too.
You are educating me about a lot of stuff! :D :D
Carolyn

classicrockgriller

makes great pancakes. I have to build my starter up around deer season. We make something out of it just about everyday at deer camp. Don't think I have shoot a deer in 8 yrs. Two yrs ago I forgot my gun at home. I go to cook, drink whiskey and tell lies.

Tiny Tim

Quote from: classicrockgriller on August 27, 2009, 06:18:39 PM
makes great pancakes. I have to build my starter up around deer season. We make something out of it just about everyday at deer camp. Don't think I have shoot a deer in 8 yrs. Two yrs ago I forgot my gun at home. I go to cook, drink whiskey and tell lies.

How'd you explain that one to your wife when you were gone and she found your gun?

classicrockgriller

Tim, I just smile and tell her how much I missed her. She hates me anyway so...... I have two boys that hunt with me and if they want to shoot something then, kewl. It is just my time to have fun. This yr I will take my camera and laptop with me and post pics. Last yr I stayed 48 days out of a 62 day hunting season. When I come home, I open the door and throw my hat in....wait 5 minutes...if it doesn't get thrown back out ,I them proceed into the house..

FLBentRider

Ok --- My entry is posted.

What do the rest of you got ?
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

deb415611

Tenpoint5

Them Grills is getting a workout on this ICB!!! Good thing I used my Bradley to make 90% of mine :P :P ;D
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

deb415611

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on August 30, 2009, 05:51:57 AM
Them Grills is getting a workout on this ICB!!! Good thing I used my Bradley to make 90% of mine :P :P ;D

And I quote from YOUR post  :

At least 80% of the cook time must be done in the Bradley Smoker, grill or other outdoor cooking method

Says nothing about having to use the smoker as part of the 80%, so there. :P

La Quinta

Dang Deb....you go and kick his butt!!!!  ;D

FLBentRider

True, but it is Iron Chef Bradley

Not Iron Chef Webber, Charbroil, Chargriller, etc..

;D ;D ;D
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Caribou

Well Deb,
It sounds like maybe we should withdraw our entries. ;)
Carolyn

Tenpoint5

Quote from: deb415611 on August 30, 2009, 06:10:02 AM

And I quote from YOUR post  :

At least 80% of the cook time must be done in the Bradley Smoker, grill or other outdoor cooking method

Says nothing about having to use the smoker as part of the 80%, so there. :P

Typical Woman, Whining as usual and not thinking about what she is babbling about. Please read what you wrote and then what I wrote again. You say it says nothing about using the smoker as part of the 80%. I say "at least 80% of the cook must be done in the BRADLEY SMOKER."

Your just made cause you think I will get more vote because I actually used my BRADLEY SMOKER to make my entry in the Iron Chef BRADLEY!!! Go buy some cheese to go with your Whine!! :P
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Caribou

No 10.5, this is the thread where the whining began :D :D :D
Carolyn