Irish Bacon

Started by Father Tom, August 19, 2009, 10:52:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manxman

Hi Father Tom,

Haggis certainly is an acquired taste but I love it, finally got around to making my own within the past couple of weeks which is certainly not for the faint hearted!  :o  Had a bit of a problem getting hold of a sheep's pluck and a cow's stomach!  ::)

Next batch I plan on trying to smoke a couple. Just made some smoked back bacon and streaky bacon as well which turned out really well.

QuoteHope you are not in the flooded area.

No, severe gales and heavy rain for a few days with more hitting us tomorrow but no flooding fortunately... thanks for asking FT.

Best wishes.  :)

Manxman

Father Tom

Manxman:  I would love to try making Haggis but i don't know anyone around these parts that would help me get rid of it ???  Living in a ranch area i know i could get the major items, Stomach and organs but would sure get looked at by the rancher..

I have slowed down making much of anything as the wife is now on a fat free diet :(
i have put together a chicken+jalapeno+cramberry summer sausage.  Stuffed this AM and going into smoker this afternoon.  will let you know how it turnes out.

take care and keep your powder dry.

FT

manxman

Quotei have put together a chicken+jalapeno+cramberry summer sausage.

Yes, do let us know how it turns out FT......... and post the recipe if it turns out well!  ;) :D

Haggis is superb, although only eat it maybe 3 or 4 times a year as it is probably not the healthiest option with all the beef suet etc in it. I have managed to covert a couple of people who had never tasted it before and one who even saw what went into it!  ::) :o

It is also so cheap to make!  ;) :D

Hope the summer sausage is a success........  :)

Manxman