Boneless chicken breast w/bacon drip

Started by renvette, August 20, 2009, 09:39:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

renvette

I want to smoke a few boneless chicken breasts and place bacon on the racks above the chicken to drip on the chicken for flavor.  Anyone done anything like this in the digital smoker?  What would be a good temp. setting and for how long?  All ideas greatly appreciated.

mikecorn.1

Suggestion, you can always wrap the breasts with the bacon.
Mike

KyNola

Wrapping them in bacon is a good idea and oh so good.  Either way, because this is poultry I don't want it hanging around in the danger temp zone any longer than necessary.  For that reason I would be looking at a temp setting of 250.  I really don't go by time.  I would go until the internal temp of the breasts is 160-165.

KyNola

mikecorn.1

Last weekend I made smoked some yard bird legs wrapped with bacon. I cooked to IT of 160* at temp hovering 225. I guessing that breasts would be around the same temp. Here is a pic of the chicken breasts to give you a visual aid.  ;D

Mike

KyNola

Renvette,
I believe our friend Mike has you hooked up and dialed in!

KyNola

OU812

Renvette
I have done bone less skin less breasts (as Mike has shown) wrapped in bacon and they are great, heck you cant eat the chicken skin anyway, unless you finish it off on the grill to crisp it up.

Cabnet set at 250 F 2 hr Alder and pull out when the IT hits 160 F nice and juicy

If you are only going to cook one rack of breasts it should only take 2 hr

The amount of product in the smoker has a lot to do with how long it takes to cook.

Brian B

Do i have to brine them or just smoke away !

Tenpoint5

Just Smoke AWAY!!!! That's what I do when I make chicken for the family.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Brian B

classicrockgriller

You can always sprinkle with bacon salt.

Hopefull Romantic

Nothing to add to the experts advice aboev. Just keep your temp around 250 to crisp up the skin the vent fully openned.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.