pork belly

Started by chain smoker, August 22, 2009, 07:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

standles

Well I made the rounds today and the lowest I found for pork belly was $3.19

OUCH!

I am gonna have to find someone that can order me a case or get a hawg slaughterered for me.

I did buy the 6# slab because I wanted to make bacon this week but definately havwe to find a cheaper supplier.

classicrockgriller

standles, where are you located?

Had someone post the other day he is buying bellies for $.27 to $.42 a lb.

Maybe he is close enough to possibly ship you some.

rcger

I just placed an order yesterday.  I'm paying $1.49/pound with the skin on.  I have to order 30 pounds to get that price.
There's room for all of God's critters right next to the mashed taters and gravy!

classicrockgriller

Mine is $1.39 skin on, $1.49 skin off

Case of 4 bellies, approx 45lbs.

standles

Quote from: classicrockgriller on December 31, 2009, 11:37:50 AM
standles, where are you located?

Had someone post the other day he is buying bellies for $.27 to $.42 a lb.

Maybe he is close enough to possibly ship you some.

I am in Destin Florida.   
Tourist Destination Strike 1.   
More and More "Citified folks"  Strike Two
Waiting to see what Strike 3 will be and move back to more hospitable folks in the country ;)

Man sub dollar a pound bellies sound great. 

Steven

Old_Sarge

I pay $1.24/lb for belly. The Fort Huachuca commissary has darned good meat prices, with brisket at $.99/lb and butts at about $.85/lb. I was hoping Santa would bring me a deep freeze so I can stock up, but Ol' St. Nick let me down so now I need to go buy one.

standles

Quote from: Old_Sarge on January 02, 2010, 08:22:13 PM
I pay $1.24/lb for belly. The Fort Huachuca commissary has darned good meat prices, with brisket at $.99/lb and butts at about $.85/lb. I was hoping Santa would bring me a deep freeze so I can stock up, but Ol' St. Nick let me down so now I need to go buy one.

Hehe the commissary on base.  I did not think about that one.  I will check them out on Monday.

wally22

That's to bad I guess I have it good I pay .27 to .42 cents a pound depending on the market. I guess the key is to get to know someone that works in a packing house because they have what they call employee meat sales. I live in Minnesota and the town has a packing house in it and I have a good Friend that works there so he gets me the bellies. I buy 60 pound cases and another friend will get a case at the same time. I guess I got him hooked on the OBS and he made the remark "after eating meat smoked it's hard to eat meat any other way" so you could say he loves it. Good luck