Extending tube on Cold Smoke Adaptor

Started by georgeamer, August 23, 2009, 03:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

georgeamer

Is it ease to remove the supplied tube shipped with the Cold Smoe Adaptor so I can replace it with a longer tube, about 10ft.?
George

Tiny Tim

I think it is cemented to the adapters, as well as clamped.  Easiest way might be to cut it in the middle and add a chunk to splice it.  Make sure you get the right size tubing before you cut though.

Habanero Smoker

Hi georgeamer;

Welcome to the forum.

I removed mine by slicing it off near the adapter mounts (using an old serrated steak knife), then use a pair of pliers to grip a piece of the tubing and pull it off. The cement that holds it in place seems to be a flexible silicone glue.

The adapter mounts do not accept standard U.S. 4" or 6" hose, you need to find a 5" hose to work. The standard 4" hose with fit perfectly over the lip that is on top of the Cold Smoke Adapter. So what I am doing now is using a 4" hose and clamped that on top of the Cold Smoke Box, and just run the other end of the hose through the generator opening of the cabinet; which also fits perfectly.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Hopefull Romantic

Hi there Goergeamer,

I second what HS has said and add that The tube is extremely delicate to handle and could be broken easily. Take extra care in handling it. As for removing it, it is attached to the mounts by a simple clamp and a soft silicon glue. If you turn it back and forth it should come off in a couple of minutes. A word of caution, wear gloves when handling the tube. It could cut very easily and possibly deeply.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

pkcdirect

I saw this posted in another thread here and thought you might be able to find the hose you need from the link posted by twl...

Quote from: twl on August 03, 2009, 11:44:01 AM
HS,
Here is one source for you.
twl

http://www.blastgateco.com/Flex-Hose.htm
Paul    

MES 40" w/1200 Watt Element & Window
Bradley BSS
A-MAZE-N-SMOKER

georgeamer

Does the cooling adapter give adaquite cooling? on a 75F degree day, how many degrees' does the smoke box increase after an hour?
George

Hopefull Romantic

Hi there,

the heat produced by the smoke generator is almost negligible with the cold smoke box attached. When I cold smoked several kinds of cheese a couple of weeks ago, the tower temp did rise about 3 - 5 F above ambient. Some of the old experts on this site suggest (and believe you me it works) to add ice in a bowl and place it on the lowest rack of your smoker. Keeping the ice re - furbished during smoking time should limit the temp from rising. I did it and it does work. Keeping the vent fully open should also help.

Good luck.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

sherlock

To loosen the tube from the clamp, you could do what I did. I did not have the wheels locked on my smoker stand and it started rolling away from me. I tried to stop it and fell down breaking my glasses, getting a brush burn on my cheek, and pulling the tube out of the clamps. Not recommended but, it works.

;D

mikecorn.1

Quote from: sherlock on August 26, 2009, 11:17:26 AM
To loosen the tube from the clamp, you could do what I did. I did not have the wheels locked on my smoker stand and it started rolling away from me. I tried to stop it and fell down breaking my glasses, getting a brush burn on my cheek, and pulling the tube out of the clamps. Not recommended but, it works.

;D
LOL. That sure is another way of doing it.  ;D
Mike

pensrock

;D

I just knew someone on here would come up with a sure fire way of doing it.  ;) ;D

HawkeyeSmokes

;D

I can see why you don't recommend it but if it works?  ;D
HawkeyeSmokes