Cooling Adapter

Started by georgeamer, August 24, 2009, 09:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

georgeamer

If the ambiant temp is about 73F, how munch increase in temp will I see after 1 1/2 hours of smoking using the colling adapter?
George

Hopefull Romantic

Hi there George, smoking is an art and not science. You just set your target temperature and work toward achieving in all ways possible and that applies no matter how high or low the temp was
However you question reminded me of a joke;
After passing their final exams, the railway institute students had to go up in front a committee to decide if they were worthy of graduation. The first student walks in and one committee member asked: You are on a train and you feel hot, what would you do? "I would open a window ", the student replied.
"Great" answered the committee member, "suppose the train was traveling at 120 miles / hour, how many cubic feet of air would enter after you open the window? The member added. The student was stumped and needless to say he flunked the interview. The student goes out and tells the others about the test. One of the smarter students takes to a corner and starts working on all his math and physics equations and he come up with an answer.
It was the smarter student's turn. One committee member asked: You are on a train and you feel hot, what would you do? "I would open a window ", the student replied.
"Great" answered the committee member, "suppose that 546 cubic feet entered through the window, what would be the speed the train was travelling at?"
Needless to say that one flunked too.
The last on the list was an attractive young lady who was listening throughout. When she went in, she was asked the same old question: You are on a train and you feel hot, what would you do? "I would take off my jacket ", she replied.
-   "yes dear, but you are still feeling hot".  Committee member reposing the question.
-   "then I would take my pants off", she calmly replied.
-   "yes dear, but you are still feeling hot".  Committee member getting aggravated
-   "then I would my bra off" still as calm as a cucumber.
-   "yes dear, but you are still feeling hot".  Committee member now angry
-   "I would take my panties off" still as cool as ever
-   "yes dear, but you are still feeling hot".  Committee member now  P.O.ed
-   She calmly replied;" Listen Mister, I would screw every person on that train, but I AM NOT GONNA OPEN YOUR DARN WINDOW".
HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

pensrock

from my experience I would expect to see 10-15 degree F rise in temp using my cold smoke set up. I made my own and do not have the bradley cold smoke setup but they look very similar.

mikecorn.1

Quote from: pensrock on August 25, 2009, 07:09:36 AM
from my experience I would expect to see 10-15 degree F rise in temp using my cold smoke set up. I made my own and do not have the bradley cold smoke setup but they look very similar.
[/quote

Hey there Pens, are you talking about the one made out of a cardboard box and a dryer vent hose. Want to do some cheese but its just way too hot here in south texas, 95 average. How's that set up work for ya. thanks
Mike

pensrock

Here's a pic of the one I made, before Bradley started to offer them. Mine is made of 10GA. steel with a stainless steel door/hinge. I used heavy duty 4" dryer vent hose to connect it to the tower. It works very well. I do not think even with this set up I would try doing cheese unless the ambient temp was below 75 F. Now you can put ice on the bottom tray in the tower and I'm sure that would help but I have not tried that myself.

georgeamer

Good advice and a darn good joke!
I live on the coast near San Diego and our ambient temp, in the day time, runs between 60 and 75F....don't have the probems my friends in Arizona have....or in Saskatchewan (where I grew up) for that matter ::)