Lawry's rub question.

Started by rdevous, August 25, 2009, 07:18:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdevous

Has anyone tried "Lawry's Perfect Blend Seasoned Rub For Pork"?  ??? I saw it in BJ's yesterday.  It was $8.59 for 27 oz.  Looked interesting with all the spices in it including orange peel.  They had pork Boston butts for $1.20 a pound. Two to a package...averaging about 7.5 to 8 pounds each. 

Ray
If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!

rdevous

WOW....111 viewings and no response pro or con.
Then again 111 viewings and no response could also be construed as a loud response!!!   ;D

Maybe I just need to be the first to try it and write a review!!!  LOL

Ray
If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!

Habanero Smoker

Or it most likely means no one has every heard of it. :) I have a recipe that calls for Lawry's Seasoning Pepper, and it took me a month to find that.

I've never heard of it, or seen it since learning of it. I do go to BJ's but I keep forgetting to look for it while I'm there; just curious about the ingredients.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

NePaSmoKer

Yes i have seen it at Costco, Sams and SF. Never used it though.

nepas

mikecorn.1

Heres you another response.  ;D   Never seen it or heard of it.  ;D
Mike

Wildcat

Heard of it - Seen it - Never tried it.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Caneyscud

Saw it at Sam's for a short while - not the last time though.  The orange sorta steered me away from buying it.
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

josbocc

Have used Lawry's Season Salt for quite some time as a little additive to jerky, but never the kind that you have written about.  Experimentation sometimes leads to genious.

Jeff
The Wood Doesn't talk back
DBS6
Cabelas 80l Dehydator
All the Jerky Gadgets!!!

OU812

I use Lawry's seasoned salt all the time but cant say I have ever seen the rub you are talking about

FLBentRider

FWIW -

The more I learn about spices, herbs and rubs the more I am inclined to use one from a recipe or "roll my own".

That way I know what is in it and there is less likely to be chemicals in it I cannot pronounce...
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

josbocc

FLBW,

There you go rolling your own again.  On a "Smoker" website, this could be misconstrued  ;D

Jeff
The Wood Doesn't talk back
DBS6
Cabelas 80l Dehydator
All the Jerky Gadgets!!!

Smokin Soon

I do use Lawrys' for some things and do grind up some rubs, but lately with job stuff I do love some Dizzy Pig. I buy the 2 pound bags.
https://dizzypigbbq.com/HTMLrubs/dizzydust.html

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on September 13, 2009, 02:44:27 AM
Or it most likely means no one has every heard of it. :) I have a recipe that calls for Lawry's Seasoning Pepper, and it took me a month to find that.

I've never heard of it, or seen it since learning of it. I do go to BJ's but I keep forgetting to look for it while I'm there; just curious about the ingredients.

Habanero Smoker, McCormick makes a very good seasoned salt.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: classicrockgriller on September 14, 2009, 08:00:45 PM
Quote from: Habanero Smoker on September 13, 2009, 02:44:27 AM

Habanero Smoker, McCormick makes a very good seasoned salt.

I prefer Lawry's over McCormick seasoning salt, probably because my mother use to use it for so many dishes. It's the Lawry's Seasoning Pepper that I was having trouble finding, I was making sliders and the recipe called for that brand of seasoning pepper. I eventually found it.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

classicrockgriller