reheat pulled pork in crock pot

Started by starship, August 25, 2009, 08:57:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starship

I will be reheating about 4 pound of already pulled pork at work tomorrow, in a crock pot.  Just nuking some generates juice, do I need to add anything other than the pork in the crock pot?
Amazing Ribs
http://www.amazingribs.com/index.html

Smokin Soon

Just keep it moist. I have a weird crowd at work, so I use 2 pots. One has a "sweet' and the other is a basic Vinaigrette. I usually have 5 pounds in each pot and load it at 7am for a noon lunch. Set to low, keep an eye out for any thickening or drying. Be prepared with some apple juice for a thinner if needed.. There were a couple of small 5 ponders I did that seemed a little dry that springed right back to life with some apple juice and some Italian salad dressing.
Vac-seal if you have one. Make's great lunch sized portions that keep a long time frozen.

pensrock

I reheat in the crock all the time, I just throw in 1/2 cup or so of AJ to keep it moist and let it go.

OU812

I also reheat in the crock pot when we have a the kids coming over and the apple juice works great but if you save the drippings from when you cook the butt that is the cats meow.

Kinda another reason i like to put a foil pan under the meat when its cooking
after the cook put the pan of drippings in the fridge to let the fat come to the top, scrape off the fat and you have some killer stock and that makes some gravy that everyone will talk about

When i'm not using the drippings right away i put in the freezer and save for later when ever you need it. I do the same with brisket and poultry drippings

starship

OJ worked just great, kept mosture in the crock.  On Slaw, with BBQ sauce, the meat flavor came right through. The eaters were quite happy!
Amazing Ribs
http://www.amazingribs.com/index.html

lumpy

Slaw, smoked beans and lots of cold beer.

Enjoy......it sounds good!

Lumpy

OU812

Aint nothing better than a bunch of happy eaters